“A little too long” 3 of 5 bubbles

and up
Oahu Circle Island Tour
Ranked #20 of 316 Tours in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: Leave those giant motor coaches to the herd. Savvy travelers join Discover Hawaii Tours on our small-group tours that include the Road to Hana, island sightseeing, eco tours, private tours and much more. Our huge selection of tours and our friendly, professional tour guides create an unforgettable experience of Hawaii that you'll love. We want you to feel at home in our islands, and it's our mission to provide the perfect tour for your Hawaiian vacation. We want you to love our tours so much that you’ll tell your friends! Since 1995, we’ve hand-selected the finest tour guides in the islands. Our guides are experts on Hawaiian history and culture, including Pearl Harbor and ancient Hawaiian folklore. When you choose Discover Hawaii Tours, your tour guide will be as memorable as the breathtaking sights around you.Discover Hawaii Tours is a locally owned and operated company with headquarters in Honolulu.
Palatine IL
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A little too long”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2010

The Pearl Harbor Circle Tour was very, very long. 11 1/2 hours is a bit long for anyone. It wouldn't of been so bad if we did not have to get the kids up early, but we had to meet at 6:00 am for this tour. I enjoyed most of the information she provided, however, we could of skipped a lot of the places, we acturally ddi go to. We were rushed through the pineapple tour and the macadamia factory, which I would of liked to spend a little more time there. I am glad I did the tour, but it made for a lon day.

3 Thank GeriDorsen

• Korean first
  • Slovak first
hopkinsville,ky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very efficient way to see multiple sites at Pearl Harbor and Honolulu in one day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

I tried to stay away from tour buses on my recent vacation to Hawaii. Because of the complexity of getting around to all the sites I wanted to see at Pearl Harbor and beyond,I decided to take the day long tour with my family using Discovery Hawaii Tours. This tour begins with pickup at the hotel in Waikiki at around 6AM and drop off is between 4 and 5 in the afternoon. The minibus was clean and comfortable and picked us up on time at our hotel. The driver(I can't remember his name) was a very funny and entertaining Hawaiin, as well as informative. He even played a few songs on his guitar while waiting for others to board the bus. We had a full day with seeing theArizona Memorial, USS Bowfin, USS Missouri and the Pacific Aviation Museum, and historic sites in Honolulu. On the drive from Waikiki to Pearl Harbor, the bus driver set the tone with a very dramatic and descriptive rendition of what occurred on December 7,1941. Upon arrival to Pearl Harbor,he was very good at getting us into the right lines and pointing out that we could tour the Bowfin submarine while waiting our turn to take the shuttle to the Arizona Memorial.. This was a good idea because not many people went to this site first and being an old submarine, it was very closed in and on the warm side. It would be more crowded and hot if we had waited. The bus driver showed us where to get the audio set for the sub, as it is self guided. We also had some time to visit the museum. He got us our tickets for the shuttle to the Arizona, and told us to meet at a specific time and place when we were brought back and had time to peruse the gift shop.The museum for the Arizona Memorial,where a movie about that day is first shown, is now under construction/renovation..( The movie is now projected on a big screen in a tent.) We then got on the bus to Ford Island to visit the USS Missouri. I really enjoyed being on this ship. The Missouri has its own tour guides and ours was very interesting and dynamic. We had little time to tour the rest of the boat after our guided tour was over. One change of plans was that our bus driver told us it would be better if we ate at the food canteen at the Missouri site rather then at the Pacific Aviation Museum as stated on the tour website(time and money?) Canteen at the Missouri has burgers ,chicken sandwiches, and hotdogs ranging between $3 -$8. The Pacific Aviation Museum was OK, but not a favorite of my kids. The museum had its own tour guides, and while ours knew his stuff, he had a low ,monotone voice, and was difficult to hear(this museum is in one of the original hangars which was somewhat noisy).Parts of the movie Pearl Harbor was filmed here. We almost had too much time here and so our guide took us to another hangar with newer planes and helicopters. Most of us were just tired by this time and sort of bored. I wish we could have used this time to tour more of the Missouri. Finally, we boarded our bus back toward Waikiki and this is when our Hawaiin bus driver really shown. He was informative and provided some commentary along the way(some comical and some solemn, but always appropriate for what we were touring), He drove us by historical sites on the way back, and we even went to see the beautiful Punchbowl Cemetery. We only drove around in here. I would have liked to have gotten out to take pictures. All in all, I thought this tour was a very efficient way of getting to see multiple historic sites at Pearl Harbor and in Honolulu. It took away a lot of the guess work of gettting around and buying multiple tickets( our ticket was $90, but this included admission to the USS Missouri, Pacific Aviation Museum, and the Bowfin). Our Hawaiin bus driver/tour guide was entertaining and informative. By the way, Pearl Harbor does not allow any purses or camera bags. There is a locker for $3 where these articles can be taken prior to entering the site. Bus driver will tell you all the dos and don'ts.

2 Thank kentuckymd
Uxbridge, United Kingdom
“Pearl Harbour All Day Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

we booked a 5 in 1 day tour which included all the tours in one go , (Arizona,Bowfin,Missouri,2 museums finishing with Honolulu city tour)
which is a long day but well worth doing if you want to see everything.
Excellent tour guide.

Slinger, Wisconsin
“Great tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

It was a great tour and our tour guide was fantastic. Saw everything we could possibly see. Really enjoyed it.

Stockton, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The all day Pearl Harbour Tour is a must Do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

I am not sure how I came across Discover Hawaii Tours, but all I do know is that I am glad that I did. The only reason my family wanted to visit the island of Oahu was to see Pearl Harbor. My husband and two children were so pleased with all that we saw and did on this 11 hour tour. Hana, our tour guide was a gem. He was down to eart and not pushy at all. In fact, he never asked for a tip. He was so knowledgeable and genuine. My kids loved him. He really took to them and went out of his way. So of course, we had no problem tipping him accordingly :) Please, I encourage you to choose Discover Hawaii Tours and select the all day tour. Ask for Hana if you can (Hanalei).