“Excellent Tour!”

Discover Hawaii Tours
Ranked #80 of 339 Tours in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: Leave those giant motor coaches to the herd. Savvy travelers join Discover Hawaii Tours on our small-group tours that include the Road to Hana, island sightseeing, eco tours, private tours and much more. Our huge selection of tours and our friendly, professional tour guides create an unforgettable experience of Hawaii that you'll love. We want you to feel at home in our islands, and it's our mission to provide the perfect tour for your Hawaiian vacation. We want you to love our tours so much that you’ll tell your friends! Since 1995, we’ve hand-selected the finest tour guides in the islands. Our guides are experts on Hawaiian history and culture, including Pearl Harbor and ancient Hawaiian folklore. When you choose Discover Hawaii Tours, your tour guide will be as memorable as the breathtaking sights around you.Discover Hawaii Tours is a locally owned and operated company with headquarters in Honolulu.
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This was such a wonderful tour! Make sure you ask for Dennis, he was such an amazing tour guide, with all his fun facts! He was very knowledgeable, which is always a plus in my book! He truly made the tour more interesting and entertaining! He

DiscoverHawaiiTours, Manager at Discover Hawaii Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Aloha Sandra-

Thank you for taking the time to review your tour! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with Dennis and will certainly be passing along the compliments to him.

We hope that you enjoyed your time in Hawaii and look forward to seeing you again.

Discover Hawaii Tours

Write a ReviewReviews (3,897)
All reviews
"byodo in temple"
in 48 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 93 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 81 reviews
"driver guide"
in 57 reviews
"pali lookout"
in 46 reviews

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Went to Pearl Harbor on this Discover Tour and enjoyed the guide (Kevin) who was very knowledgeable about Honolulu and Pearl Harbor. He made it fun and easy to navigate the different areas at Pearl Harbor for very specific times. The bus driver picked us up promptly near our hotel. Bus was very comfortable, air conditioned and had big clean windows. We visited Iolani Palace and the cemetary after Pearl Harbor. It was an all day adventure but Kevin made it interesting yet educational. I don't usually take tours but felt this one was definitely worth it.

1  Thank monarat
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We booked the Hawaii Volcano Eco Tour during our recent trip to Hawaii as we have always wanted to see and active volcano. This was one of the only "must dos" during our trip. We found this company simply from a Google search and booked after reading reviews.

The tour company was very professional and our guide knowledgable and friendly. The air transportation to and from Oahu were exceptional and had no hiccups at all.

The tour itself was very informative and much better than we could have expected. It's well paced and you get to see all the sights! There was some rain during our day but the guide did a great job getting us from place to place avoiding it. He even changed the order of the sights to visit to avoid the rain. Excellent job!

One negative was the lunch stop. Admittedly I am a picky eater but my travelling companions were not. We each ordered the hamburger and fries when they stopped at a local restaurant. When we were eating our food we all felt it tasted "off" but were told it's from "Island cows". Well, I guess Island cows are not for us. All of us felt a bit off but I got the worst of it and about 2 hours after lunch I was just trying to hold it all together. I didn't let on how bad I was feeling to my companions but they could tell I wasn't doing well. I enjoyed the rest of the tour the best I could, flew home, drove all of us to our hotel and within minutes....well I was in the bathroom. We were travelling with a nurse who said it was definitely food poisoning. By mid the next day I was nearly 100% but it wasn't a nice way to spend the night and feeling off the next morning. Just beware when eating at the local restaurant. Not tour companies fault.

All in all we would book this tour again, and will do so when we come back with our other friends.

1  Thank ChadHFX
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We did an all day tour of Pearl Harbor to include the Arizona Memorial, Battleship Missouri, the USS Bowfin WWII submarine, the Pacific Aviation Museum, the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific (Punchbowl) and a brief city tour .

Matt was our guide and picked us up at our hotel. This was a lot to see in one day but it covered all the essentials in my opinion. Matt gave us some great tips to maximize the efficiency of our time without feeling rushed.

My wife and kids really enjoyed this tour and found our guide funny, personable, and eager to make sure we had a great tour.

We would recommend this company (and in particular our guide Matt) to anyone considering touring Oahu.

3  Thank Carlisle M