“Great Tour ... and Tour Guide”

Discover Hawaii Tours
Ranked #21 of 336 Tours in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: Leave those giant motor coaches to the herd. Savvy travelers join Discover Hawaii Tours on our small-group tours that include the Road to Hana, island sightseeing, eco tours, private tours and much more. Our huge selection of tours and our friendly, professional tour guides create an unforgettable experience of Hawaii that you'll love. We want you to feel at home in our islands, and it's our mission to provide the perfect tour for your Hawaiian vacation. We want you to love our tours so much that you’ll tell your friends! Since 1995, we’ve hand-selected the finest tour guides in the islands. Our guides are experts on Hawaiian history and culture, including Pearl Harbor and ancient Hawaiian folklore. When you choose Discover Hawaii Tours, your tour guide will be as memorable as the breathtaking sights around you.Discover Hawaii Tours is a locally owned and operated company with headquarters in Honolulu.
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My Lady and I purchased Tour 8B – the Arizona, Missouri and Honolulu city tour. Our tour guide was Kevin who quickly made a tour family out of 13 tourists from 6 different originations. The tour schedule worked smoothly with no hick-ups. Kevin was entertaining throughout, providing a lot of interesting information about Hawaii, Hawaiians, and the tour sites. After the tour, I checked out what Kevin had told us using multiple sources, and he was correct on all counts. Prior to reading the other TripAdvisors comments, I thought that one couldn’t get a better guide than Kevin. While I still believe that, it seems obvious that this is a well managed tour company.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,845)

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Dennis was our guide for a 6a to 330 pm of oahu. We started with Pearl Harbor and went around the north side of the island. It did what I had hoped it would do, give us a taste of different things so that we could go back another day and spend more time in places that we had seen with him. Dennis was very entertaining and easy to understand. Would recommend this to anyone the first day they are visiting so if they wanted to go back and spend more time at an area they could

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Discover Hawaii Tours - proceed with caution. I booked a Pearl Harbour tour on Sunday evening for Tuesday morning which did not spell out the times of the tour which turned out to be an all day tour. I did not get the times or the 5:50 a.m. pickup time until the confirmation was sent. Turns out due to timing and flights I could not do the tour so I called to cancell and they told me I could not as it was inside the 48 hour window. I explained that I booked about 36 hours before the tour so it was impossible to cancell in the 48 hour time frame. Guess I was suppose to cancell it before I booked it. No refund was offered only to reschedule which didn't work as we were leaving that night, or take a half day tour and pay the full day price for it. The Ladies on the phone tried to help but I heard the manager in the background as she thought I was hold say "I'm not refunding his money". I would think twice about using this company for anything seems they do not work with customers and lack of information provided was not good.

2  Thank 67stang43323
DiscoverHawaiiTours, Owner at Discover Hawaii Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Aloha 67stang43323,

Thank you for allowing us to take you out on tour! We apologize for any inconvenience you may have had.

Discover Hawaii Tours does have 48 hour cancellation policy that is clearly indicated on our website and in the confirmation letter issued to you, after you make your reservation. We adhere to that policy as closely as possible. We understand that you felt frustrated by the lack of options you were given, and for that I am sorry. We did however, offer you 2 viable and fair solutions that follow our company policies on this matter. We are sorry to hear none of them were to your satisfaction, as we continually strive in each situation accommodate every guest as much as we can, in a fair and honest way.

We hope you enjoyed your stay in Hawaii, and look forward seeing you again.

Mahalo,
Discover Hawaii Tours

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Best and the Best of all !!! Tour guide Hana was awesome !!! The way he walked us through every places part of the tour is mind blowing !!!! Worth for the money, we have been given much time to enjoy each and every stop of the tour and experience the significant beauty of Hawaii and it's culture !!! I will definitely return back next summer to Discover Hawaii Tours and also would highly recommend this to my friends !!!! Thank you Discover Hawaiii Tours

Reviewed March 12, 2013

A wonderful, informative and fun way to see the Island. We started out at Pearl Harbor. Spent a couple hours here and from there enjoyed other sites such as Dole Pineapple Plantation and many many beaches. We enjoyed the lunch in a quiet, secluded, paradise and had a marvelous time! Our tour guide was funny and informative at the same time! Great great tour!