“The best way to experience Hawaii in a day!”

Discover Hawaii Tours
Ranked #22 of 335 Tours in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: Leave those giant motor coaches to the herd. Savvy travelers join Discover Hawaii Tours on our small-group tours that include the Road to Hana, island sightseeing, eco tours, private tours and much more. Our huge selection of tours and our friendly, professional tour guides create an unforgettable experience of Hawaii that you'll love. We want you to feel at home in our islands, and it's our mission to provide the perfect tour for your Hawaiian vacation. We want you to love our tours so much that you’ll tell your friends! Since 1995, we’ve hand-selected the finest tour guides in the islands. Our guides are experts on Hawaiian history and culture, including Pearl Harbor and ancient Hawaiian folklore. When you choose Discover Hawaii Tours, your tour guide will be as memorable as the breathtaking sights around you.Discover Hawaii Tours is a locally owned and operated company with headquarters in Honolulu.
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We did the Oahu Circle Island Tour W/ Pearl Harbor. From the very start of the tour, the guide made us feel at home on the island. He showed up promptly at our pick-up time; which is rare for any other tour serice in Hawaii. Cousin Kev did a great job encouraging the Hawaiian spirit and sharing with us his experiences and knowledge of the island. I was very pleased with this tour, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a genuine Hawaiian experience. This tour had it all- from the emotional reverence of Pearl Harbor to the splendor of the Kualoa mountain range and Pacific ocean.

There are newer reviews for Discover Hawaii Tours

Reviewed October 2, 2012

A great tour, excellent travel arrangements, experienced guide, clean comfortable bus. Had lots of fun. The excursion to the submarine was just too short - wish we had more time.

1  Thank Annemarie G
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My wife and I booked a trip for the road to Hana on the Discover Hawaii tour bus. Our driver, Bjorn, was actually from Sweden but now lives in Maui. Bjorn was a great driver and was very knowledgable about Maui and its' culture. He tells great stories and does funny, entertaining accents. The road trip itself was very scenic and intense at times (I don't recommend driving this road yourself unless you have a death-wish). It was a long day but we saw some neat places and stopped at lots of good places! I would like to mention, if you go on this trip, bring a watch and respect the time allowances set to visit each stop. If the bus falls behind schedule you may end up missing stuff at stops later on down the road.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

An excellent well organised and informative tour, with an excellent driver. Thee was adequate time to enjoy all the venues visited and in one day we sampled all the beauty and culture of this most beautiful island.

1  Thank John G
Reviewed October 2, 2012

It was a great tour with the greatest guide we could get. First, the pick-up was on time, at 5am. But then, we had to go pick-up a bus-load of people, so we arrived at the airport around 6. The security check was fast and easy and the flight was short, 40 minutes total. When I arrived on the Big Island, I was greeted by the greatest guide ever. He's not a regular on the tour but we were sure lucky to get him since he was a park ranger for the Volcano Park for 37 years! He knew everything about the Island and the Park. Aloha Kalani!
We were a small group in a tiny bus. We stopped at a convenient store, then we went by Banyon Avenue, then Liliuokalani Park. Next stop, a black sand beach where I saw a sea turtle and a seal. Then Rainbow Falls. Following this was a stop at a chocolate factory for 45 minutes. This was one of the two things I did not appreciate. 45 minutes! It was obvious that we were there to spend money. Next was lunch. Our wonderful guide took us to a country club for lunch. He entertained us with some traditional music that he played on the ukulele! That was nice of him. But the food... This was, hands down, one of the worst meals I was ever served in my hundreds of trips to the US. I asked for a chicken-salad sandwich and fries and got a non-toasted semi-wet white bread with a round scoop of some sort of chicken salad and the fries were cold and non-crispy. The presentation on the plate showed all of us how unprepared they were and the cook must have been the gardener from the golf club that the boss asked to be a cook for one day. It was that bad.
But after lunch, our guide took us to the Park. And this 6 hours was WORTH IT. Even going through the bad meal was worth it to go to the Park. And with Kalani, who knew everything about it, the history, the events, the lava, it was super interesting. I was amazed at each stop. I saw volcanos, fields of cold lava that became rock, lava tubes (we walked into one and saw many more with our experienced guide), we saw multiple rainbows so bright they were almost fake! And at the end, we went to the cliff where we could see multiple lava tubes and the famous little arch in the rock. This was AMAZING. No, we did not see any burning hot lava but still, my tour was amazing. I'd like to go back and spend a week on the Island and explore it.
Please bring a light jacket and confortable shoes. I saw newlyweds in pretty clothes and satin shoes on our tour which were ruined by some mud we encountered...At the top of the mountain where the museum is, you will find it quite cold! Even when it's 100 degrees at the airport, it's gonna be 45-50 at the top of the mountain. I saw many folks purchasing sweaters from the gift shops so they could continue the tour... So because of the chocolate factory and the awful restaurant, I would give a 4.5/5 but since we can't do that, I will give it a 5/5 because the afternoon at the park is worth 10/5. A wonderful day-trip I will not soon forget. Mahalo nui loa Kalani!

18  Thank MissJayTee