“Good mexican food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Good mexican food, not the best compared to mexican food in California, but it's good for Hawaii. Restaurant is small but they have "community" tables so be prepared to share a long table with other people especially at lunch time when it's packed.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We decided, after driving by several times to just see what all the hoopla was about. Friend have said they have excellent food and live music, so we decided to partake in what Mexico restaurant had to offer. Firstly go early as parking is at a premium and street parking is a gamble. My fetching wife ordered the soft tacos which were tasty and I ordered the taco salad which was.. a taco salad..nothing to write home about. We ordered a margarita and for the first 5 minutes of drinking it we were trying to find the tequila, need I say more. Towards the end of dinner we were lambasted with Mariachis, singing and playing so loud that they didn't need microphones or amplifiers for their instruments. I guess if you were't hard of hearing you surely would be when you left, which is one of the reasons we did. Overall.. a once in a lifetime "experience."

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have been going to Mexico Restaurant for over three years and forgot to write a review!
It is a great little Mexican restaurant that serves large portions that taste great for a very affordable price. There aren't that many restaurants in Hawaii where you can get a huge meal plus a drink for under $15 and be full for the rest of the day. It's in a run down neighborhood and parking is horrible (I highly recommend carpooling in the smallest car you can fit into) so you're really surprised the first time you enter at its awesome decor. So warm and inviting. Service can be really slow sometimes, "Hawaiian time", so just be sure not to come here right before an important meeting or you might not make it back in time. Overall, a great place to eat.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Mexico Restaurant has the best Mexican Food on the Honolulu side of the Koolau's. We enjoyed for the first time last night. Chips and salsa (which they refilled without hesitation or additional charge); Margaritas; Sizzling mushrooms for appetizer (very hot and very good); Carne Arrial for me (marinated and spiced steak, peppers and onions) and Pork Adobo burrito for my wife. Food was excellent. Service was attentive and the meal delivered quickly. This night they had a guitar player, singer singing songs of Mexico. Not a fancy place at all -- deco similar to most tacquerias except no Mexican Soccer team poster or jerseys on the wall. (Or at least we didn't see them). Parking in a small lot next door or on the street. Certainly the best Mexican food in Honolulu. Hard to find but worth the trip.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

If you enjoy Mexican food this is a must do. I had their carnitas last night 11/13/12 as good as any I have had in California. The margaritas were excellent as well.
I enjoy when the waiters are there when you want one. Our waiter was Carlos and he checked on our needs throughout the dinner. Highly recommend this place for Mexican food.

3  Thank HBDiver