“Curious”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Mexico Restaurant

Mexico Restaurant
Ranked #355 of 2,337 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Large groups, Families with children
Alexandria, Virginia
“Curious”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Met a guy on the golf course who is married to a Mexican woman. I asked him where in Honolulu do they go eat good Mexican food. He mentioned Mexico on School Street. Went there the other night with my nephew and his girlfriend who is also Mexican and visiting from San Diego. They know good Mexican food so I asked them to help me rate this restaurant. They gave it three stars and found it good. I found it good too. I missed my chunky tomato salsa. Their salsa was pureed like which I didn't care for. They had live music which I thought was a bit too loud. I found it interesting when he sang an Italian hit "Volare" in a Mexican restaurant. I was very impressed with the decor. It was well done.

• Visited September 2012

Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worked for me everytime”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I found this place after one of my trips just down the block to Mitsuken for their awesome garlic chicken in which I waited too long so they were out and figured why not give it a shot. I have been there quite a few times after that and always enjoyed myself. I do not go there expecting something I would get hanging out in say Durango, but for mexican food on Oahu its one of the best I have found. I have heard from friends who went there and said once or twice things were off, but I wasn't with them on those visits so maybe I just am that lucky or they really did catch them on an off day. But for the portion size and the price it has always been good to me. And the flan has never let me down.

• Visited October 2011
“Unexpected, but delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Originally, my wife and I were planning on going to Helena's, but discovered it was closed on Mondays.

As we prepared to leave, I caught sight of Mexico Restaurant.

We entered and were warmly greeted and seated. My wife ordered a chicken enchilada and I ordered two chicken tacos.

Along with that, we ordered homemade lemonade that were served in small drink pitchers! The lemonade was really good and refreshing.

My wife enjoyed her enchilada, saying it was very good. My chicken tacos were good, but I got full before I could get through the second taco.

The decor was nice and service was friendly and at a good pace.

I recommend this restaurant for those looking for good Mexican food in Oahu.

Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
“Restaurante delicioso”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

The food is fresh, fast and fun. I've been three times, with friends then with my family. I love the live music (Luis the guitar player is great) Guitar & Trumpet. The bar drinks are ok....I'll get a Corona next time. It's a great Mexican restaurant many miles from Mexico!

• Visited May 2012
Honolulu
“Not your Authentic Experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

Honestly I was excited when I went inside as I heard good things about this place. I even took a friend with me. We ordered margaritas which were amazing and the bartender was very friendly. Then our chips n salsa came....the WORST salsa ever, unless you like pace out of a jar. I however prefer authentic homemade salsa not smuthered is paste.
Then my food came, I ordered enchaladas.....and I grew up in California....and let's just say I won't be going out of my way to go back to this place. Unless they change their menu. There's plenty other places with good margaritas. The decor is so awesome in this place its such a shame. This would be such a good place if they could make their menu better. I would really like to see this place improve. People that enjoyed this place, must not be familiar with authentic Mexican.

• Visited July 2011