“Restaurante delicioso”

Dining options: Takeout
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
“Restaurante delicioso”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

The food is fresh, fast and fun. I've been three times, with friends then with my family. I love the live music (Luis the guitar player is great) Guitar & Trumpet. The bar drinks are ok....I'll get a Corona next time. It's a great Mexican restaurant many miles from Mexico!

• Visited May 2012

Honolulu
“Not your Authentic Experience”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Honestly I was excited when I went inside as I heard good things about this place. I even took a friend with me. We ordered margaritas which were amazing and the bartender was very friendly. Then our chips n salsa came....the WORST salsa ever, unless you like pace out of a jar. I however prefer authentic homemade salsa not smuthered is paste.
Then my food came, I ordered enchaladas.....and I grew up in California....and let's just say I won't be going out of my way to go back to this place. Unless they change their menu. There's plenty other places with good margaritas. The decor is so awesome in this place its such a shame. This would be such a good place if they could make their menu better. I would really like to see this place improve. People that enjoyed this place, must not be familiar with authentic Mexican.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Gina R
honolulu
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“As good as it gets on Oahu”
Reviewed July 4, 2009

FINALLY, a mexican restaurant with great food and prices. The sauces are excellent. This is what has been lacking in all the restaurants on Oahu (And I've been to just about all of them, I love mexican food). Have had mex fare all over the southwest and in several places in Mexico. Obviously, in Mexico the dishes are different from tex-mex. I think this is the best compromise between authentic and tex mex to satisfy most tastes. Would like to see a more authentic fresh salsa relish on the menu, even if they charge for it. Its one of things I really enjoyed in Cozumel. This is about as good as it gets in Hawaii!

1 Thank aikoward
recyclemom
“Great Mexican Food (for Hawaii) in Kapalama area...”
Reviewed May 8, 2009

Great, fun ambiance. Reasonable prices. Not too big. (20 tables?) Might be a wait. Great (big) margaritas and really good enchilada in verde sauce-with a slight citrus taste.. awesome! Maybe the other diner had a one off experience, b/c everything we ordered was great. The shrimp plate was VERY generous with the shriimp (and garlic!) Im just bummed we didnt know about it earlier. (It's been there for 3 years.) If you dont like finding good hole in the walls off the beaten path--dont go..and leave room for the rest of us.~! Ole!

Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful”
Reviewed February 4, 2009

If neon green and gross verde sauce, carne asada thats soo fatty your jaw gets sore from trying to chew it is what your looking for in the WORST possible location is your thing-than you will be happy. Read good reviews on other sites and maybe it was just for the shrimp cause this place is AWFUL!