“Worst Thai food I ever had”
Review of Bangkok Chef

Bangkok Chef
Ranked #752 of 2,454 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Thai food on Ohau must be really bad if this place got these kind of reviews.
I have to say this was the worst Thai food I have ever had.
The chicken, which is basically the only meat offered, tasted like it had been cooked the day before and then added to whichever dish you asked for.
The sauces were thick in an MSG sort of way. Everything tasted old, and unfresh.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is just a little hole in the wall with GREAT Thai food at a great price! It's clean, fast, friendly, the food is fresh and prepared as you order, and it's a great value. If you order anything with noodles or fried rice, the portion will be huge, enough to split between two people. The Spring Rolls are SUPER YUMMY, served with lettuce to wrap and some really delicious sightly spicy and sweet dipping sauce. Everything on the menu is around $8 to $10. You can eat there or take it to go.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I went here for lunch one day on the recommendation of a coworker. When we walked up and entered through a garage door we didn't' have high hopes for it but after a few bites decided that this would be a place we eat every time we visit the island.

I had the pad thai which was good but my wife got the yellow curry which was hands down the best either of us ever had.

If you like Thai food then go here, you won't be disappointed, we weren't.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

There are 3 locations. The original and what I consider the best is at the Nuuanu Ave location. If you have ever been to Thailand, and eaten 'street' food, this is the place for you! Nothing fancy here. Basically a 'hole-in-the-wall' place, but clean. Everything is made to order. I live here in Honolulu and have tried other Thai restaurants from upscale ones to this place. Believe it or not, this place beats them all. You order your food at the counter, give them your name, and they will yell out your name when your order is ready for pick up. This is a people watching type of place and there will always be people in line waiting to order so you know your food will be fresh. The owner's wife used to teach Thai cooking at the community college in town. Plenty of free parking in the rear of the building. You will not be disappointed....I promise!!

1  Thank kcchin
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We ordered a take-out dinner from this restaurant last night. The food was ready promptly when we drove over. We have eaten Thai food in many restaurants, in Thailand and elsewhere, and this is definitely amongst the very best. The Pad Thai, Eggplant Chicken, Papaya Salad, Chicken Larb, Cashew Nut Chicken, and Veggie Spring Rolls were all freshly made and delicious. And at excellent value. We highly recommend Bangkok Chef. Everything we ate was excellent!

1  Thank shaidan