Back again to the Aloha state and we were welcomed by our friends at the Beachcomber. It is so refreshing to arrive and we hate to leave. Mahalo to our wonderful friends Jenny, Kristina and others as well as our new friends like Loan and Mark at the hotel.
We were treated like Ohana. The renovations appear to be completed and the hotel is looking great.
We had a great view of Diamond Head and the Waikiki Beach. The International Market Place is adjacent to the hotel and the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Centre is across the street.
Waikiki is a tourist mecca and the shops are open late, usually 11 PM. There are many buskers on the sidewalks which can be a little loud if you are an early to bed person. They do shut down when the shops close and it is quiet after that. Almost all hotels on Kalakaua Ave experiences the same problem. The beds are very comfortable here.
We are already considering our next visit to Hawaii and staying at our favourite hotel there.
There are several free entertainments going on around so check them out. Most of all, enjoy the spirit of Aloha.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber is a 496-room hotel conveniently located in the heart of Waikiki, just 300 steps to world famous Waikiki Beach. It is home to the Magic of Polynesia show, the one and only Jimmy Buffett's Restaurant & Bar, and Macy's Waikiki department store. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Hotel Honolulu
- Ohana Waikiki Beachcomber Honolulu
- Waikiki Beachcomber
- Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber Hawaii/Honolulu