We arrived 11am - 3 hours prior to checkin.We were prepared to just leave our suitcases and go to the beach. But as soon as we arrived at the front desk the lady said our room was ready! After a 10 hour flight we could not have been happier. Check in was very quick and everything was explained. We were in our room within 10 minutes of arrival. We requested an ocean view room when we booked the accommodation and we were not disappointed. The room on the 22nd level was absolutely perfect. Ocean view to one side and city/mountain view to the other. We had 2 double beds which were so comfortable as were the fluffy new pillows! Needless to say we had a perfect nights sleep each night. The location is so central. The area is very safe even late at night which was one of the reasons we wanted a hotel that was on a main street as 3 ladies travelling we did not want to be walking down back streets late at night. There was no noise to be heard from the street below or the International Market construction. The room and bathroom was extremely clean and furnishings were all kept well. The coffee machine was a bonus as we did not have to go downstairs first thing in the morning for a coffee. The coffee supplied was also of good quality. The toiletries supplied were also good quality, the shampoo was good as was the body lotions etc. Generally toiletries supplied at other hotels we have stayed at you would not use to wash your dog in!! Our room was cleaned each morning by "Marilyn G". Each afternoon when we came back to the room was like we had walked into a new room! The bathroom was sparkling and fresh towels each day. Only if all people were as thorough as Marilyn. We happened to come back our room whilst it was still being cleaned, only to find 3 or 4 bottles of cleaning products and disinfectants that Marilyn was using to clean the bathroom and basin area. The room smelt like it was fresh and we knew it was spotless. 100 points to Marilyn. Please pass on our thanks to her.
The staff at the reception were always helpful with whatever we needed throughout our stay of 10 days.The facilities were also kept up to date and clean. The pool area was always clean and tidy. The lifts were really quick to arrive and did not have problems at all. There was a newspaper available each morning. One other thing that I felt was a bonus was that after about 10pm there was a security guard sitting next to the lifts. This was definitely a secure place to stay!
Of course the beach was across the road, cafes, restaurants and shopping all just outside the hotel. Being "shop-a-holics" having Macy's just downstairs was a dream come true!
This is my 4th time in Waikiki and have stayed at other hotels, but I would never go back to them now that we have found the Beachcomber! Thank you to all the staff you have working there as it is obviously a reflection of how good the management is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber is a 496-room hotel conveniently located in the heart of Waikiki, just 300 steps to world famous Waikiki Beach. It is home to the Magic of Polynesia show, the one and only Jimmy Buffett's Restaurant & Bar, and Macy's Waikiki department store. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Hotel Honolulu
- Ohana Waikiki Beachcomber Honolulu
- Waikiki Beachcomber
- Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber Hawaii/Honolulu