We stayed at the Holiday Inn Beachcomber for 10 days at the end of January. The staff was very helpful with all our needs, asking questions about how to get here and where to eat. The in-famous James and the soon-to-be infamous Dave at the Expedia desk were very friendly and helpful, too. It was unfortunate that the luau they helped us booked was cancelled even when rescheduled. Who knew it rained in Hawaii?! One of the desks at the bottom of the escalators is one of those 'not a timeshare' deals so beware. We did it anyways for the #8 Island Nature Tour which was really great. We stayed in room 211 which is on the street side. We were there for the Pro Bowl street party. You could not hear it when you closed the patio door. The view was nice when the sunset behind the other buildings. We would have liked to have been higher during the street party as we could not actually see the street from our room. The room itself was great, nice and roomy. The safe was not working when we arrived, but we called the front desk. Within in minutes the maintenance man was there with fresh batteries! The only thing with the room was the small shower, the very small shower! We managed though as it had a hand held shower wand. The hotel itself does not have any local activities, but there is a magic show they have which we did not go see. The restaurant was Jimmy Buffet's so you know what to expect there. Thank goodness for the discount on the breakfast buffett, because it was lacking in variety and was not worth the $14. That is the one thing I would say needs to be improved upon, the hotel needs more restaurants. We went across the street most of the time to eat at the Outrigger, sorry to say. The food offered was better and of course had the view. The staff at the Surfing Museum bar was outstanding. You must try the Lava Lava Shrimp appetizer - awesome!! All in all, the Holiday Inn Beachcomber was a very pleasant experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber is a 496-room hotel conveniently located in the heart of Waikiki, just 300 steps to world famous Waikiki Beach. Next door to the International Marketplace and home of the new Maui Brewing Co. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Hotel Honolulu
- Ohana Waikiki Beachcomber Honolulu
- Waikiki Beachcomber
- Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber Hawaii/Honolulu