“Fantastic location!”

Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Ranked #33 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
“Fantastic location!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We have just returned from an 8 night stay at the Holiday Inn.

The hotel is in a fabulous location, close to all the shops, cheesecake factory and a short walk across the road to the beach.

The room was spacious by comparison to rooms other friends had at other accommodations in Waikiki at the same time as us and also much cheaper as there is no daily resort fee on checkout.

The only thing we found that was that the cleaning of the room was not quite what we are used to when traveling. The sink etc was not wiped down and sometimes the bed looked like it was made in a rush or the sheets had just been pulled up. This is not a big deal though and would not stop us from staying here again.

We stayed on the 22nd floor and could still hear the street noise but it didn't stop us from sleeping. The view of diamond head was definitely worth the extra $ we paid for the upgraded room.

Overall this us a great place to stay, friendly staff, terrific location.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Jbo500
Dean N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Aloha Jbo500 and thank you for your kind words about our Beachcomber! We're glad you spent 8 nights and got to thoroughly enjoy Waikiki and the island of Oahu. Yes, we do have a fabulous location and our rooms are spacious enough for most. Your housekeeping comments will be reviewed as we always look for ways to enhance the guest experience. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to your return in the near future. Mahalo, Dean.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (730)
  • Korean first
Orangeville, Canada
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The room was clean, close to Waikiki Beach,and shopping, hotel employees very co-operative courteous. We really enjoyed our four night stay. Honolulu IS a large city so there is some noise during the night even though the windows are sealed (we were on the 21st floor) but we definitely would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the beach and it did have some night time emergency vehicle noise. If you...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ronald L
Aloha Oilit and thank you for your comments on your recent Beachcomber stay! We're delighted to hear that you found your room to be clean, our hotel to be conveniently located and that our staff to be very courteous. We take great pride in hosting many guests from all over the world and your kind words are truly appreciated. We hope you return to visit Hawaii again in the future! Mahalo, Dean.
Tamworth
Reviewed November 22, 2012

This was my second visit to Waikiki but first at Beachcomber, stayed for 10 nights on 11th floor facing Diamond Head and found room to be comfortable with good view but at night the air conditioners on the rooftop below were just too noisy,so did ask to be moved but there was no way front office were going to meet our request. We were told to come back each morning to see if there was anything else they could offer us but as our day excurtions were booked for the next 4 days with early starts we did not ask again we just put up with it but will not be staying there again. Did not like the way Jimmy Buffett bar drinkers sit and look out at you in the pool either.

Room Tip: Rooms at back of building may have less noise from A/C units on rooftop
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dean N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Aloha JaniceD and thank you for your review of your recent Beachcomber stay! I'm glad to hear that you found your room comfortable and provided a good view, but of course wish we could have done more in response to relocating you away from the noise. I realize you have many choices in Waikiki, but when you do return next time, if you decide to give us another opportunity, please reach out to me and we'll do everything possible to ensure a most enjoyable stay. Mahalo for your business and support of Hawaii! /Dean
San Anselmo, California
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Had a recent business trip to Waikiki. My colleagues and I stayed here for two nights and I'm really glad we did. The rooms were nice and we were able to meet in the restaurant downstairs for very comfortable working meals at breakfast.

The central location is perfect for taking a morning run and easily making meetings anywhere downtown throughout the day. There is super easy access to shops, restaurants, markets, and the beach.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dean N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Aloha BobFitz2012 and thank you for your review of the Beachcomber! Your observations are spot-on and we're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your brief stay. We hope to see you again when you're in town for business, or better yet, when you can spend more time for some R&R. Mahalo for your business and support! /Dean
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Nothing went that wrong during our stay but I had higher expectations especially because I am very familiar with the chain. The hotel is nicely situated, not at the beach but just walking distance, the room that I had was OK but I was surprised not to find a minibar. Most of the staff were courteous, however I was expecting they will be familiar with the benefits offered by the Priority club program which is the biggest one in the industry and run by this chain. I was not looking for anything special, just a 2.00 pm c/out but I was explained that the late c/out is offered upon availability. When I asked isn't it upon availability for all the guests and a privilege for the Priority club guests( this is a basic privilege which has never been an issue in other properties) the girl working at the desk the day of my c/out gave a real killer look which was just saying it all so I just did not bother. I do have to say that I was granted the 2.00 pm c/out but it was not supposed to be so complicated...
Another funny thing was that on the second day when coming back to the room we noticed a big vacuum cleaner in the middle of the room, obviously forgotten by the Housekeeping staff. When we called they reacted quickly and came to pick it up but I wonder if the cleaning staff forgets a vacuum cleaner in my room, how well are they cleaning it at all? Or perhaps this was supposed to be a proof for cleaning my room? I was not in the room that much and did not really care...

Room Tip: Next time when I will be in Honolulu I guess I will go to Hilton as they have similar prices and aft...
1 Thank TBoumbovski
Dean N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Aloha TBoumbovski and thank you for your comments on your recent Beachcomber stay! First of all, thank you for being a loyal IHG Priority Club Rewards customer. I'm please to hear that in general, you found our hotel satisfactory. However, your observations about our front desk and housekeeping will be looked into as these should never happen. I'm also sorry about the 2pm late checkout issue as we sometimes find it difficult to accommodate guest requests during periods of high occupancy. Again, I thank you for your feedback and for visiting Hawaii all the way from Eastern Canada. We truly value and appreciate your business. Mahalo, Dean.
Clovelly, Australia
Reviewed November 16, 2012

this is our 5th time in Hawaii. A bit difficult to rate this hotel. rooms are spacy, comfortable and clean. Location is good. Room rates are reasonable competitive . American visitors probably like it; however, with an European background like me, I miss a bit of intimacy, if this is the right expression. I stayed in other Honolulu hotels before, on similar good locations, feeling more comfortable. This hotel offers free WiFi, also in guestrooms, and a nice pool on lobby level. A free Hawaii orientation session including breakfast is offered on the first day after check-in; however, the aim is to sell guest excursions and the breakfast is really horrible.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dean N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Aloha antoinesydney and thank you for your review of our Beachcomber! We're delighted to learn that you frequent Hawaii often and that you find our rooms, location and rates to your liking. I also appreciate your candor about the breakfast and will address your concerns with our team. Mahalo for your business and support of Hawaii and we look forward to seeing you again in the future! /Dean
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed 3 nights at the Beachcomber. Everything was great. It is an older hotel but has been updated where necessary. Great location. I am a tourist my husband scuba dives the wrecks here.we valeted our rental car and that was great. Every kind of eating establishment is close. The pool looked inviting but did not have time to try it.

Room Tip: Higher I think for the view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Aloha Smokedogaz and thank you for your kind 5-star review of our Beachcomber! We're delighted that you found our hotel and agree that our location is superb. Yes, the Beachcomber's been in Waikiki for some time, and our team does their best and takes good care of our hotel. We're all very proud to be part of this wonderful property and look forward to your return in the near future. Mahalo, Dean.