We had a fabulous 1 week stay at this hotel in early February this year. We were totally happy with the place.
Location: - IF you want to be central , right in the thick of things, this is the place. Right on Kalakaua and a less than 5 minute walk to the beach depending on lights. Several great restaurants either side of the hotel as well as Jimmy Buffets in the hotel which we ate at once - great food and atmospere. International marketplace just a few doors down.
Room: - Average sized hotel room, we really appreciated a large sink and vanity area outside the main bathroom, as we were traveling with our daughter and one person could shower or use the washroom while not tying up the sink area. Large closet as well. No full sized tub but shower worked fine for us and nice rain showerhead.
Double instead queen beds but really comfortable and very soft sheets. Average sized balcony - 6th floor facing opposite diamond head so not much of a view but for coffee in the am and a cheap happy hour before dinner it was fine. Not entirely private though - but i think we only saw neighbours out there twice.
Pool: Small but pleasant - cool enough to be refreshing but not ice cold. Lots of sun and several tables with umbrellas for having a drink and getting out of the sun if need b. A bar opened up onto the pool area - ordered volcano nauchos one day (GREAT) but mostly brought our own drinks - no glass on pool deck though. Also, right next to Jimmy buffets outdoor eating area- i think they serve a buffet breakfast there. One thing we did fine odd , the pool and hot tub closed at 6 pm- not a huge deal but the day we climbed Diamond Head it might have been nice to soak in the hot tub that night.
Service: We were really satisfied with the service at the hotel. After the first night i phoned the front desk and asked for a thinner pillow , and a few more soaps and a few more cups. Within an hour they brought me two pillows to choose from (one was perfect) as well as a few more bars of soap and each day the maid replenished our supplies with extra - they obviously followed up on our request. Maid service was usually late in the day but they did a great job.
Price: More than we usually pay for a hotel - but not really out of line as far as nice Waikiki Hotels. Cost not being a factor we would absolutely stay here again.
I suppose if i really wanted to complain i could find something nitpick to say but overall this place was GREAT! I would have rated it 4.5 but giving it a 5 instead of 4.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber is a 496-room hotel conveniently located in the heart of Waikiki, just 300 steps to world famous Waikiki Beach. Next door to the International Marketplace and home of the new Maui Brewing Co. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Agoda, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Hotel Honolulu
- Ohana Waikiki Beachcomber Honolulu
- Waikiki Beachcomber
- Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber Hawaii/Honolulu