“Amazing Boutique Hotel”

Ranked #33 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing Boutique Hotel”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for four days in July and we loved it. We were pleasantly surprised to be greeted by name before we had even checked in. As an added bonus our room was upgraded to a higher floor with an ocean view. The room accommodations were spacious & comfortable and the décor was very modern and pretty.

Room Tip: Book early and use the website to enter your flight information.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Korean first
NZ
Reviewed August 11, 2011

The hotel had mixed reviews so I was a little apprehensive about the choice. However, we found the hotel to be just what we wanted.

It's located close to the beach, shops, transport, everything you need.

The hotel pool wasn't busy so loungers were always available (free) and towels. There was an internet area with free (time limited to 15mins) access, great for email checks, again not busy.

The rooms although not huge had everything you needed, comfy beds, flat screen tv and tea and coffee making facilities. Coffee maker was the only bad point as it tasted like plastic and the tea tasted like plastic with a hint of coffee, but no biggie as there were heaps of coffee shops nearby.

Most negative comments were about noise or lack of seaview from certain rooms. I requested a high up room with mountain view and got exactly what I asked for. We were on the top floor and had great views. Although no balcony to sit at with these rooms (or at least the one we had didn't). I hadn't realised just how busy Waikiki would be and was glad we asked for a high room as there was a constant traffic and people hum which would have been too much in a lower room (I think).

Room Tip: Most complaints were about noice and seaviews (lack of them). I requested a high up mountain view r...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Smokey97
Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed August 10, 2011

The staff is top notch here which makes all the difference. Anything question I had was addressed with a helpful smile and accurate information. I had a mountain view room which in this part of Waikiki looked past some of the office buildings to the mountains which I would expect. It was still beautiful. I had the package with the complimentary breakfast which i found to be very good. Cocktails and appetizers at Nobu are an experience and the perfect start to a Waikiki evening.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank jhonfm3
Perth
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Me and my husband stayed here on holiday for about a week. We found it to be an excellent, relaxing and professional hotel. We had buffet breakfast each morning and it was lovely and fresh. The hotel is in a great location, close to everything that you might need.

Room Tip: It would be worth checking cost of upgrading to a room with ocean view.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Bobcaygeon, Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed at Waikiki Parc for three nights before heading to Kauai and Maui in November 2009. We booked the hotel through Priceline.com, which was the best value along Waikiki beach.

The hotel was very clean with modern decor. Upon arrival, staff were courteous and advised that our parking was included in our room price. We did not spend much time in our room, but it's location served us well. There is lots of activity within walking distance including shops, restaurants and the beach. The restaurant offers a nice breakfast, but it is costly. Alternatively, there is a Denny's within a 2 minute walk. The Marriott's courtyard is open to the main Waikiki strip and had live musical performances at sunset. For Cheesecake Factory fans, there is a location within a short walk also...

Pearl Harbour is a short drive away. We also spent one day driving around the island including the North Shore.

This is a good value hotel. Those looking for resort-type accommodations will be disappointed. For those looking for more typical resort accommodations in this area, we recommend the Marriott or Halekulani.

If we return, we would consider staying at Waikiki Parc again if we had a similar budget.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Catitude
Alaska
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed at the PARC before heading to the North Shore for the rest of our honeymoon. We booked them via Hotwire and got a great deal, so I wasn't expecting much from the hotel but I was pleasantly suprised!
True, the hotel isn't a luxury hotel, but it more than met our needs. The room was clean, and had a great bed.
We loved the location, it was perfect for shopping and eating out. We spent some time on the beach in front of Ft. DeRussy and it is so nice. Much less crowded than Waikiki Beach, and they are pretty much connected to eachother!!
If you are looking for fun in Waikiki, a nice room, and a great location, the Parc is for you!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I stayed at Waikiki Parc in February 2011 with my sister and two friends and booked two rooms; one for 5 nights and a second room for 4 nights as one of our friends was arriving in Waikiki a day after all of us. Since there are 2 x double beds in each room, the three of us stayed in one room for ONE night; the first night, before checking into our second room the next day.

I was told I had to pay a $65 ($77 incl. tax) fee for bunking in with 2 other people for that one night. I understand that there are extra person charges at most hotels around the world, but I find it absurd to be forced to pay a fee in a room that can easily accommodate four people?! In the end, I agreed to pay the ridiculous fee and told them I would pay it at check-out. However during my stay, I was constantly being reminded (through phone calls and from staff at the reception) to pay the fee - which didn’t make me, or my friends, feel very welcome. It discouraged me from asking staff at reception for anything – which is not a good thing. On the odd occasion that I did ask for anything at the front desk; for example to make a quick call to my room/sister’s room, I always felt like I was causing them great inconvenience! Perhaps they should only employ staff who find pleasure in being helpful?

Of the four nights I stayed there, our room was only cleaned once. Granted that we were still in the room whenever they would come, they never offered to come back later in the day - Like I've had at other hotels in Waikiki. As a result, I had to ask for new towels every day.

Sitting outside the Helumoa Road entrance at 2am, my friend was approached by a Security Guard (assuming from Waikiki Parc) and was told to “go up to her room”. Who knew that hotel patrons were allowed to be treated like children and told to go up to their room in the middle of the night?

The following night/morning at 5am I went to that same entrance and sat down for a few minutes to send an email from my phone after taking my sister to her airport shuttle. I was then approached by a Security Guard (again, assuming from Waikiki Parc) who asked me “What my business was?” and “If I was a guest at the hotel” - I didn’t know that a paying hotel patron had to justify/explain why they were sitting down outside their hotel?! To my surprise, this Security Guard walked off and headed towards the Halekulani. He wasn’t even a Security Guard of Waikiki Parc!! What business is it to him what I’m doing at my hotel?

Even though this was security from the Halekulani, this is how a patron of the Waikiki Parc will be made to feel if they are out of their room early in the morning/after a night out. So if you stay here, make sure you’re not out of your bed after 2am (!!!)

The hotel itself was decent. The rooms, although a little small, were furnished nicely with modern touches. The balcony in our room might as well not have existed. They should be advertised as Juliet balconies in certain rooms as only two people could stand there – literally. The lifts came frequently, which was convenient. The pool area was nice, but I'm unsure as to why it only open until 8pm?! Todd at the tour desk was extremely helpful in arranging tours and providing directions – safe to say he was the saving grace of our entire experience. For the price you pay to stay at this hotel, for there to only be wi-fi in the lobby/business centre is a bit strange, not to mention out-dated. The location is good for Kalakaua Ave shopping/dining, the Royal Hawaiian Centre and Gray’s beach, however it is a little secluded and hidden – which wouldn’t be a bad thing if that is what you want. But, the seclusion doesn’t spare you from the standard traffic/garbage collection noise – Unfortunately, this is the norm in commercial Waikiki, so it's inescapable unless you're staying on a very high floor in any hotel.

I’m a frequent traveller to Waikiki, but I would never stay here again, nor would I recommend it to any friends ... Especially when there are so many more decently priced hotels in the vicinity who offer their patrons more than just “great location”, who have staff that actually make you feel like a welcomed guest at their hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends