Our family used to spend Christmas week at the Pink Lady on Waikiki Beach when my celloson was little and performed with the Honolulu Boy Choir. It had been years since I'd been back.
This week, I had two conferences on successive days in Waikiki and just couldn't make myself face the second worst traffic jam in the US for four trips in a row.
I decided to book a room at the Royal Hawaiian. I was not disappointed. The service is friendly and attentive, the hotel looks great after the year-long renovation and I was able to get some much needed rest and relaxation.
My room looked out on Waikiki, was tastefully appointed and very clean and comfortable. The beds deserve a special mention. They are just great.
I went down to the beachside bar to watch the sunset and had a beverage and lovely fresh fish sushi. I ordered dinner in my room as I had some writing to do and was rewarded with an excellent Big Island seafood salad that included a quarter local lobster tail. There was fresh bread and a pretty good house chardonnay.
My wife and I are going back for the next three day weekend as a special treat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the iconic Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, ushered in a new era of luxurious resort travel to Hawaii. Situated in the heart of Waikiki, the hotel offers cultural activities, gold standard signature concierge service, valet parking, doctors-on-call, florist, currency exchange service, Japanese concierge, laundry and dry cleaning, dining service and world-class restaurants and bars, wireless internet access in rooms and all public areas, multi-lingual staff, 24-hour room service, business center, and beach and pool services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Starwood, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort Hawaii/Honolulu