I graduated from High School on Oahu and remember the Royal Hawaiian from the early 70s when the gardens reached all the way from the building to Kalakaua Avenue (before they shoe-horned the Sheratin in front). Yet whenever we stay in Honolulu, we always stay at the "Pink Palace". It's as close to Old Hawaii as you can now get, especially since they have closed the International Market Place. The last time we were there was for Memorial Day weekend this year and splurged on the tasting menu in one of the private cabanas. When work means that we stay at other hotels on Waikiki (like the Hilton Hawaiian Village-which is only good if you have a family), when we are on our own, we always return to the Royal Hawaiian.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the iconic Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, ushered in a new era of luxurious resort travel to Hawaii. Situated in the heart of Waikiki, the hotel offers cultural activities, gold standard signature concierge service, valet parking, doctors-on-call, florist, currency exchange service, Japanese concierge, laundry and dry cleaning, dining service and world-class restaurants and bars, wireless internet access in rooms and all public areas, multi-lingual staff, 24-hour room service, business center, and beach and pool services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort Hawaii/Honolulu