We took Premium Tower Ocean rooms. Beautiful hotel, beautiful grounds, and great location, etc., etc. The famed famous pink exterior gives way to narrow hallways, bizarre wall coverings, small rooms and a staff that is most kindly described as jaded. The room service menu is a waste of time, totally inadequate, and an introduction to Waiting For Godot. The food was mediocre and overpriced even for hotel room service. If you want fine dining, try one of the 20 or so first rate restaurants in the city. Would I go back? Strangely, yes. There is something romantic about the place. Sitting outside by the pool and looking at the beach and the sea is alluring. Hawaiian music in the evening under the stars is unbeatable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the iconic Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, ushered in a new era of luxurious resort travel to Hawaii. Situated in the heart of Waikiki, the hotel offers cultural activities, gold standard signature concierge service, valet parking, doctors-on-call, florist, currency exchange service, Japanese concierge, laundry and dry cleaning, dining service and world-class restaurants and bars, wireless internet access in rooms and all public areas, multi-lingual staff, 24-hour room service, business center, and beach and pool services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort Hawaii/Honolulu