Everything about this place is top notch, from the driver that picked us up from the airport to the staff who greet you at the front door, the check in process was easy and friendly. Rooms are remodeled and our garden view room was not huge but nicely decorated and exceptionally clean. The housekeeping staff were lovely, friendly and met all our needs. Concierge services were very helpful and I was able to play golf at Waialae CC which would be close to impossible without a good contact. The beach experience is obviously important in Waikiki and the Beach Boys of the Royal Hawaiian made it a memorable one for us. My parents were traveling with us and at 75 and 80 they welcomed the care an attention paid to them to make sure their beach loungers were well shaded and had an adequate supply of towels, water and food were also readily available.
Lastly if you want the best Mai Tai's around then go to the MaiTai bar on the beach where the service is awesome and the staff are super friendly. Diane was the standout for us, as she not only recognized us from a previous visit but took care of us almost every evening we were there and made sure that we had our drinks and food and never ran dry!
There were numerous events going on here for large groups but the place never seemed rushed and we got to enjoy many of the events activities (concerts etc.) from the MaiTai Bar.
Everyone at this place is aware that they are working in a service industry and most importantly it never felt forced, when someone said "it's my pleasure" you really felt that it was.
I'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the iconic Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, ushered in a new era of luxurious resort travel to Hawaii. Situated in the heart of Waikiki, the hotel offers cultural activities, gold standard signature concierge service, valet parking, doctors-on-call, florist, currency exchange service, Japanese concierge, laundry and dry cleaning, dining service and world-class restaurants and bars, wireless internet access in rooms and all public areas, multi-lingual staff, 24-hour room service, business center, and beach and pool services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort Hawaii/Honolulu