Stayed here last week for the final 6 nights of my honeymoon and loved it. We were upgraded and given a bottle of (pink!) sparkling champagne. The room (historic oceanview) was gorgeous (as the whole hotel is) but could do with some upgrades - perhaps a smaller closet to make room for a bigger bathroom. There was nowhere in the bathroom to hang all the towels once we used them so they ended up all over the floor. The bed was very comfortable and everything was clean. My only other gripe is the lack of a kettle (using the coffee machine took a lot longer than a kettle) and the paper coffee cups rather than mugs.
Breakfast was included in our deal and there was a lot of choice and it was delicious. The pool is small but who cares when Waikiki beach is right next to you and so perfect for swimming in - and yes, the beach chairs cost money, but the ones at the pool do not. Would have appreciated some of the extra care that Four Seasons Hawaii went to for honeymooners (inviting us to free lei-making lessons etc) but it's not a deal-breaker. Some of the service could be improved, for eg. I did want to get a mani at the spa and it was on the menu, but when I asked I was told they don't have a 'nail artist'. Also don't appreciate being asked for ID when I order a drink at the pool and only have a book and a bikini, clearly no ID on me (I'm nearing 30, don't think I look younger than 21, also what -21yr old is on a honeymoon in a foreign country staying somewhere as expensive as the RH?)
So, there were many small annoyances that you wouldn't expect for a hotel this price, but it was a lovely old hotel and we had a blast - and you just can't beat the location. I've stayed in 2 other hotels in Waikiki and hated them so this was better for the location alone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the iconic Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, ushered in a new era of luxurious resort travel to Hawaii. Situated in the heart of Waikiki, the hotel offers cultural activities, gold standard signature concierge service, valet parking, doctors-on-call, florist, currency exchange service, Japanese concierge, laundry and dry cleaning, dining service and world-class restaurants and bars, wireless internet access in rooms and all public areas, multi-lingual staff, 24-hour room service, business center, and beach and pool services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort Hawaii/Honolulu