Over many years of traveling to Hawaii we have often wished we could stay here-and well now that we have finally done it here is the report: this hotel has everything you could want and more!
The service is impeccable, the food is really good etc etc but there are two things about this hotel that stand out and maybe both go together but one is the character-this is not one of your modern smoothies, but a real classic hotel with history. The other is the bar and in case you don't know, this is where -they claim anyways-that Mai-Tai's were invented. The bar at sunset with a Royal Mai Tai in your hand is one of the several things you have to do before you die! Of course you have to wear your Panama hat purchased from the hotel shop but try to stick with the lower priced version unless you really have the $$ to blow on the $20,000 version!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the iconic Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, ushered in a new era of luxurious resort travel to Hawaii. Situated in the heart of Waikiki, the hotel offers cultural activities, gold standard signature concierge service, valet parking, doctors-on-call, florist, currency exchange service, Japanese concierge, laundry and dry cleaning, dining service and world-class restaurants and bars, wireless internet access in rooms and all public areas, multi-lingual staff, 24-hour room service, business center, and beach and pool services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Starwood, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort Hawaii/Honolulu