This lovely old classic hotel has a lot of charm and a commanding location fronting Waikiki Beach. Mai Tai Bar makes a great Mai Tai. The pool has got to be the world's smallest resort pool and only 4 feet deep. Hotel guests go at the break of dawn to reserve one of the few free lounge chairs, only to disappear and not return for hours. Beach Cabanas are $100 for a half day and are not covered in the $36.50 resort fee. Rooms are well appointed with large closets, small bathrooms, fridges, hair dryer, Pink-striped robes, free water, tea & coffeemaker, and small safes for valuables. Great location makes it easy to walk to shopping center, restaurants, and take in the Kalakaua Avenue excitement. Waikiki Beach is a bit crowded and full of swimmers, surfers, paddleboarders, and those looking to take advantage of unsuspecting tourists. Be wary of your valuables while you swim. The hotel has many wonderful shops including a first rate haberdashery with the best Panama hats around. Loved the banana nut muffins and the staff was friendly and helpful throughout. Vintage and antique photos offer a nice sense of history the RHH gardens are among the last green spaces on the beachfront. Only complaint was the quality of the bed. Both of us woke up with sore backs because the mattress is way past its prime. Our room was near the ice maker, but it did not cause any noise problems. Also close to bathers elevator for easy access to beach area. Loved the rocking chairs overlooking the garden. Check in was really nice with refreshing drink and a place to sit while they did the paperwork.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the iconic Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, ushered in a new era of luxurious resort travel to Hawaii. Situated in the heart of Waikiki, the hotel offers cultural activities, gold standard signature concierge service, valet parking, doctors-on-call, florist, currency exchange service, Japanese concierge, laundry and dry cleaning, dining service and world-class restaurants and bars, wireless internet access in rooms and all public areas, multi-lingual staff, 24-hour room service, business center, and beach and pool services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort Hawaii/Honolulu