We just returned from our 4 night stay at the royal. The location is fantastic, beautiful old building. It's expensive and once u get there u still need to pay for any 'extras' such as $50 for beach chairs-which on the website says it includes beach boy services such as drink service and spritzing-that didnt happen? The service at the front desk wasn't amazing-I sometimes felt they were acting a bit snobby. Food at there restaurant was great, difficult to get a booking but service there was mostly good. When we go back to Hawaii we will visit again for breakfast but won't book accommodation. It was also our 10 year anniversary so they gave us a complimentary bottle of champagne that was nice. In all, it was a nice hotel, full of history that was great to see, but expensive and I was disappointed in some aspects of the customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the iconic Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, ushered in a new era of luxurious resort travel to Hawaii. Situated in the heart of Waikiki, the hotel offers cultural activities, gold standard signature concierge service, valet parking, doctors-on-call, florist, currency exchange service, Japanese concierge, laundry and dry cleaning, dining service and world-class restaurants and bars, wireless internet access in rooms and all public areas, multi-lingual staff, 24-hour room service, business center, and beach and pool services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort Hawaii/Honolulu