Staying in the "Pink Palace of the Pacific" was a fabulous experience, like going back in time to an age of elegance and style. Its like a grand hacienda villa, built in the 1920s and the charm has been retained. We had a junior suite with ocean views. Two big beds and a parlour style living room with big windows opening up facing the beach. We would open up the windows in the evening and listen to the gentle live music. The service was more informal and personal than other modern hotels - a welcome change. And even though it's a luxury hotel, its still a beach hotel, and you can still hit the beach without dressing up. There were a few things that were sub-par compared to other resort hotels or luxury hotels including the bathrooms (small and not luxury), the pool (more of a dipping pool) and the bar (and the watered down complimentary mai tais!); but these things didn't make a difference to the total experience. Thank you staff, especially Moses who helped us get settled on the first day. He takes care of big fish and little fish all the same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Waikiki Beach Hotel, has Abhasa Spa, renowned restaurants, and a pool with a waterslide and cabanas. We have gorgeous indoor and outdoor event space for weddings and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort Hawaii/Honolulu