Just returned from a 5 nights stay at TRH. Lovely hotel with incredible service at every turn. Rooms are rather small and bathroom ridiculously small, especially with two children and two adults all sharing. We had an inside courtyard room and it was DARK and gloomy. Location is great if you want to be in the thick of things of Waikiki - all of the major boutiques and chain restaurants. Beach is ridiculously crowded; you are separated from your neighbor by about two feet. And while the surf is fun, it's also so crowded, it's a bit nerve-wracking. You can rent an umbrella/two chairs from hotel for $50/day (rip off).
If you want to stay in Waikiki, this is the hotel, but be warned: it's CROWDED!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the iconic Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, ushered in a new era of luxurious resort travel to Hawaii. Situated in the heart of Waikiki, the hotel offers cultural activities, gold standard signature concierge service, valet parking, doctors-on-call, florist, currency exchange service, Japanese concierge, laundry and dry cleaning, dining service and world-class restaurants and bars, wireless internet access in rooms and all public areas, multi-lingual staff, 24-hour room service, business center, and beach and pool services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort Hawaii/Honolulu