Rooms were comfortable. big enough, and we had no noise from other rooms. Noise from the beach or other hotel bars is a minor problem and stops at I think 10:30 or 11 pm. However occasionally a bar at a hotel next door plays music during the day that is, literally, unbelievably loud. This is a problem for a few hotels on this strip.
Pool is small; no balls, no inflatable toys etc etc so not so much fun for the kids. But with Waikiki ten metres away I wouldn't be spending too much time swimming in a small pool.
Food seemed good at breakfast but we didn't eat much in the hotel.
Staff were very helpful and always friendly.
Gym is limited with one weights machine that is horribly complicated, some aerobic equipment and free weights are in good condition.
Japanese toilets are always a welcome touch (and I'm not even Japanese)
I would just suggest you spend a bit of time working out exactly where your room will be as there are several towers or wings. We were in the 10-12? story tower facing the beach so had a (tiny) balcony and a panoramic ocean view, the smaller towers may only face out onto the pool. Would probably be worth paying extra for the view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the iconic Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, ushered in a new era of luxurious resort travel to Hawaii. Situated in the heart of Waikiki, the hotel offers cultural activities, gold standard signature concierge service, valet parking, doctors-on-call, florist, currency exchange service, Japanese concierge, laundry and dry cleaning, dining service and world-class restaurants and bars, wireless internet access in rooms and all public areas, multi-lingual staff, 24-hour room service, business center, and beach and pool services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort Hawaii/Honolulu