My family have recently stayed in a garden view suite in the historic wing at the Royal Hawaiian for 14 days over the Christmas/New Year period. We had a truly magical time. The Royal Hawaiian is an oasis, right in the heart of central Waikiki Beach.
While this hotel doesn’t have all the mod cons that newer establishments such as Trump and Halekulani have, it makes up for it and more, in many other ways.
The Royal Hawaiian is special, and you feel that right from the moment you arrive. The lobby and public areas were beautifully decorated with divine pale pink Christmas trees and there were carol singers in the lobby each evening through the holiday period. The place just has a lovely vibe.
The management team hosted a magical Children’s Christmas Party for all the children staying in the hotel. They served hot chocolate and cookies and each child received a personalized gift from Santa Claus. Such a lovely touch.
The grounds are quite spectacular, and it is hard to believe that you are only footsteps away from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki. The lawns are expansive and the public areas are grand and spacious. You really do feel like you are staying in a palace.
Although the swimming pool is small, it is very warm and sheltered and not too busy. Very pleasant indeed. We spent many days around the pool and were always impressed with the pool service – complimentary smoothies and fresh fruit were handed around daily, and the food service for lunch was consistently good.
We stayed in a garden view suite which was spacious and very comfortable for our family (two adults and two children – 4 years and 6 years). The room was traditionally decorated in keeping with the rest of the resort and everything in the room was in pristine condition. The size of the room works perfectly for a family, with two bathrooms and two televisions.
Finally, I would like to make special mention of Cori Hara, Director of Guest Experience. Cori went “above and beyond” and exceeded all our expectations to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. She really knows what customer service is about. We will be back next year, and will be recommending to all our friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the iconic Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, ushered in a new era of luxurious resort travel to Hawaii. Situated in the heart of Waikiki, the hotel offers cultural activities, gold standard signature concierge service, valet parking, doctors-on-call, florist, currency exchange service, Japanese concierge, laundry and dry cleaning, dining service and world-class restaurants and bars, wireless internet access in rooms and all public areas, multi-lingual staff, 24-hour room service, business center, and beach and pool services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort Hawaii/Honolulu