I returned yesterday from my 3rd trip to The Royal Haawaiin at this time of year. For the past 3 years I have spent the first 12 days of December there knowing that it is not peak time. I had connecting rooms in the Tower where my wife and I stayed in one room and my 2 daughters in the adjoining room.
The rooms have been upgraded in recent years and are perfectly comfortable. They are not large by any means but when you are in Hawaii you do not spend a whole lot of time in your room. They rooms are spotlessly clean and functional. The only criticism I would have is that the air conditioning is quite loud.
The hotel is perfectly positioned and is in the premier position on Waikiki beach. I see some people have complained about the price - all they need to do is walk in the hotels either side and have a good look around , then go back to The Royal and walk around there and soak up the atmosphere. If they are being honest with themselves , after staying at The Royal Hawaiin , it would be very difficult to stay anywhere else.
For those complaining about the cost of the chairs and umbrellas , everyone else charges so I suppose it was only a matter of time , although most of the chairs were unoccupied.The only suggestion i would make would be that the RHH increase its "resort fee" or room rate by $40 per day and then set themselves apart by offering complimentary chairs and umbrellas , as they used to.
I will be back again next year
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Waikiki Beach Hotel, has Abhasa Spa, renowned restaurants, and a pool with a waterslide and cabanas. We have gorgeous indoor and outdoor event space for weddings and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort Hawaii/Honolulu