My husband and I stayed at The Royal Hawaiian for two days prior to a cruise. We were greeted with beautiful leis and were given a cool drink while waiting to check in at the desk. You were seated at a desk and checked in instead of standing at a counter. We were offered an upgrade but declined since we were only stay a couple nights. Everyone was very gracious. We were in the original hotel and absolutely loved it. Our room (garden view) looked out over the front of the hotel. It was a lovely view. Our bathroom did not have any washcloths but we asked for a few from housekeeping - no biggie. Every staff member we encountered was so helpful and always had a smile on their face. There were so many comfortable places to sit and enjoy the outdoors, lots of comfy sofas, chairs, rockers.....
We had booked a Hanauma Bay snorkeling tour with the concierge desk prior to arriving and checked with the concierge when we arrived. We were given a lovely notecard with all the details we would need for our excursion.
The Royal Hawaiian was right in the middle of everything !! Right on the beach, shopping and dining mere steps away !! Everything we needed was within walking distance. We did not use the pool but several people seemed to enjoy lounging around it and, of course, lots of people were at the beach. The Royal Hawaiian had the most relaxing ambiance. It was a little oasis in the midst of all the rush of Waikiki ~ We highly recommend this jewel ~
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the iconic Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, ushered in a new era of luxurious resort travel to Hawaii. Situated in the heart of Waikiki, the hotel offers cultural activities, gold standard signature concierge service, valet parking, doctors-on-call, florist, currency exchange service, Japanese concierge, laundry and dry cleaning, dining service and world-class restaurants and bars, wireless internet access in rooms and all public areas, multi-lingual staff, 24-hour room service, business center, and beach and pool services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort Hawaii/Honolulu