After visiting Maui and The Big Island we ended our honeymoon at the Royal Hawiian.
HAving stayed at other hotels (marriot in Maui, and the Fairmont on the big island) on our trip before this I can say without a doubt this was our favorite. The hotel is beautiful beyond belief. It is also amazingly relaxing with how busy Wakiki beach is. IT is on the perfect part of the beach with the most sand available and has its own beach chairs which I do not believe anywhere else has.
While everyone raves about the Halekulani I can tell you that we thought from visiting there, the Royal Hawaiian felt much more plush and luxurious. I would highly recommend this hotel.
Everyone was super nice and always smiled at us in the hallways. The service was fantastic. Anytime we asked for something to be brought to tour room it was done so promptly. Even when my wife needed band aid , they brought up some alcohol swabs and neosproin as well.
Room service was the quickest of any hotel I have been too. I generally, as a rule of thumb, feel room service is not great for quality but only for convenience. In this case the quality of the food was better then average as well.
The Surf Lani restaurant in the morning was beyond amazing. IT was the perfect way to start the day. The quality of food was great, and the service was fast (I have no idea why others complained about it being slow on here) and the atmosphere could not be better.
We stayed in the historic tower. Yes the rooms are small but you know that going in. It was recently renovatd and beautiful. Also the hand carved wooden doors was just amazing to look at.
You really feel like you are just part of history staying here.
We are more beach, then pool people. However we loved laying by this pool. It was very "chic" and just the perfect place to lay out, with the beach only a few feet behind you.
My wife also took surf lessons. Barney was very professional and my wife said it was one of the best experienes of her life. IT was very reasonably prices and it included a CD with photos as well! (another person goes out in the water to take pictures while the instructor is helping you learn to surf).
The Azure restaurant on site had amazing food and atmoshpere.
We are in love with the Royal Hawaiian and would not dream of staying anywhere else the next time we come to Honolulu,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the iconic Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, ushered in a new era of luxurious resort travel to Hawaii. Situated in the heart of Waikiki, the hotel offers cultural activities, gold standard signature concierge service, valet parking, doctors-on-call, florist, currency exchange service, Japanese concierge, laundry and dry cleaning, dining service and world-class restaurants and bars, wireless internet access in rooms and all public areas, multi-lingual staff, 24-hour room service, business center, and beach and pool services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort Hawaii/Honolulu