My husband and I stayed at the Aston for two weeks while he was in town on business. Overall we had a decent stay execpt for one major concern (see below).
- Large suite with a full kitchen although the cookware, etc is limited.
- Daily maid service who will even clean your dirty dishes!
- Only about 5 miles to Waikiki (assuming you don't want to pay for Waikiki prices)
- Nice continental breakfast
- Located in the financial/business district so there isnt much to walk to in terms of shops, restaurants etc.
- Surrounding area feels like downtown LA
My biggest issue with our stay was actually a major security concern. My husband checked in on a Sunday evening (I arrived a few days later) and asked the security on duty and the front desk agent where he could walk to for a "burger and a beer." They told him to go three blocks WEST. As he began walking in that direction he quickly realized he was in a very unsafe area at night which turned out to be Chinatown. After a few more days of exploring we realized that only 3 blocks SOUTH is a Gordon Beirsch and a Hooters. Obviously perfect places to get a burger and a beer. I know you are probably thinking my husband might have just misunderstood the directions but that is not the case. After speak to other locals it was very evident that the staff thought it would be funny to send the tourist into the wrong direction and into a bad area. This is unacceptable under any circumstances and I would urge the GM to repremand the staff on duty that evening (December 3rd). When you are staying in an unfamiliar area, safety is always a priority and its very obvious that certain staff at this hotel are not concerned with the safety of their guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only all-suite hotel located in the heart of downtown Honolulu's financial district, near government offices, business and dining. With complimentary continental breakfast, free daily newspaper and business center, this property is fully equipped with all the amenities for the business traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Aston at the Executive Centre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Honolulu
- Executive Centre Hotel Hawaii
- Resortquest Honolulu
- Aston At The Executive Centre Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu