3,209 results
All reviews the dolphin lagoon plumeria beach house seaside grill private beach arancino dolphin experience plumeria restaurant pacific dream photography lanai room koko head breakfast buffet four seasons our honeymoon turn down service free shuttle shuttle service busy waikiki
Reviewed April 30, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Kahala Hotel & Resort for my birthday from May 21 to 26, 2006. We had the time of our lives! Upon arrival we were greeted as if we were "Royalty". Check in was a breeze. Our room was beautiful. We had a spectacular view of the property and ocean but the best part was that our rooms balcony was over the Dolphin Lagoon. While sitting and relaxing on our balcony we were able to enjoy watching the Dolphin's. What a treat! We also swam with the Dolphin's. I have to say it was definitely an experience of a lifetime! We will never forget it. Breakfast at Plumeria's was a great start to the day. The service was excellent, food was tasty. Dinner at Hoku's is something that you do not want to miss. Great food, exemplary service. The Hotel staff is very professional and extremely friendly. You don't expect them to remember your names but they do. Makes you feel important. Lounging around the pool was very relaxing, the staff was very attentative to any needs that you might have, from a towel to a drink. Loved the Veranda Lounge. Great way to set the mood to a Romantic Evening... and don't forget the walk on the Beach in the Moonlight! Loved it. You feel like it is your own personal getaway. Looking forward to going back this year in September. If you want the Royal Treatment stay at the Kahala. Stay and Staff an A+.

Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank sylis
Reviewed April 11, 2007

My husband, 3 yo son and I stayed at the Kahala in February. Although I've stayed there at least a half dozen times in the past and had my wedding there, I wasn't planning to stay at the Kahala this trip since it has become so overpriced since it switched ownership and management. We stayed at the Halekulani and Turtle Bay Resort for most of our trip, and then decided to try the Kahala for one night. We booked through AmEx's Platinum Travel Service which gave us a room upgrade, free brunch breakfast and guaranteed 4 pm checkout (convenient if your flight leaves in the evening, as most Mainland flights do). That made the room rate (I think $409/night) almost reasonable. The hotel itself has changed little since it was the Kahala Mandarin, although it definitely could use an update. Surprising that they feel they can keep ratcheting up the room rates even though the accommodations are getting shabbier. The service was fine although not quite as polished as before. I waited 45 minutes for the bellhop to bring up my luggage to my room. Surprising since the hotel was not busy at all during our stay. The bathroom amenities were awful, I thought. The soap and shampoo were heavy and unpleasant smelling. They need something lighter, more in keeping with a Hawaiian beach hotel. The kiddie pool was dirty and filled with leaves. I wouldn't let my son go in there. Food at the Plumeria Beach Restaurant was okay. Nothing spectacular, and my strawberry smoothie was awful and overpriced. A minor annoyance was that we were charged for internet access. Both Halekulani and Turtle Bay provided internet service for free. At Kahala's rates, they should likewise be providing internet service for free and stop nickel and diming its guests. Overall, the experience was fine, but nothing special. The place felt like it was a bit depressed and lacking in soul. It didn't feel as aloha as when it was managed by the Mandarin Oriental. I'm hoping that the ownership will soon throw in the towel and sell to Four Seasons. Then the place would be something special again!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
11  Thank jycnyc
Reviewed April 8, 2007

We were given a room along the golf course. I woke up at 5 in the morning to the roar of lawn mowers. There must have been 5 of them across the numerous fairways. The wear and tear on the rooms and facilities was obvious. This is a beautiful "old" hotel that should not call itself anything above 3 stars. Bring your earplugs.

Stayed: March 2007
6  Thank David_Spee
Reviewed April 6, 2007

I stayed here for my two nights on Oahu as a part of my honeymoon. Everything was top-notch. We were upgraded upon arrival to a top-floor suite. The room clearly was a bit older, but still very nice, and very classy. Service was impeccable, grounds are beautiful. I highly recommend. I believe they're in the process of updating the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Jacks1019
Reviewed March 31, 2007

Stayed from March 26-28 and it was fabulous. Upgraded from a courtyard view with no balcony to a mtn view with a lanai and a view of KoKo Head. Treated very well here, and dinner at Hoku's is a must! Spa was out of this world as well. Found on their website a spring internet special promo offering room and full breakfast for $295.. try to book it soon. The hotel is currently doing 3 floors of renovaton. Our room was very nice and clean, but it does need a decor upgrading.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank CCCSF