Beautiful beach...brought in their own white sand. No other hotels nearby, so it's not crowded on the beach or at the pool, but the resort is big enough that neither seem empty. We were standup paddle boarding throughout the beachside lagoon and reef the first day. Very sheltered and calm.
Hotel and staff are excellent. All the more so after we went into Waikiki and I learned in what a cluster I could have stayed. Still, if you must have Waikiki it's a short drive or shuttle away.
The room was clearly designed for a different layout but they did an excellent job with the renovation and it works as a modern space.
Oh. And there are dolphins in the lagoon, and that doesn't suck. Also small pools with sea turtles and rays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kahala Hotel & Resort is Hawaii's reigning luxury resort, set on a secluded beach just ten minutes from the world class shopping and entertainment of Waikiki. This legendary hideaway resort in Honolulu's plush Kahala district is a favorite with presidents, international royalty and celebrities. From the moment you arrive, you will know that you are truly somewhere special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Kahala Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kahala Hotel Honolulu
- The Kahala Hotel And Resort
- Kahala Resort Honolulu
- Kahala Hotel Honolulu
- Mandarin Oriental Oahu
- Kahala Hotel & Resort
- Kahala Mandarin Oriental
- The Kahala Hotel & Resort Hawaii/Honolulu