I rarely take the time to write reviews, but after spending part of last week at the Kahala I feel compelled to share what a great experience that my wife and I had. Yes it's expensive - but for us it was worth every dollar.
The location is excellent, the grounds are beautiful and the beach is perfect. If you are looking for restaurants and shops nearby, stay in Waikiki which is about a 15 minute drive away. If you want to get a beach cabana and forget about the world, stay at the Kahala.
Our room was nice. It was clean, tastefully decorated without being over the top and quiet. The staff was warm and friendly to a person and discreet. Each and every staff person went out of their way to make you feel welcome.
We will definitely be back to the Kahala for another visit. For us, it was a top 2 hotel experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kahala Hotel & Resort is Hawaii's reigning luxury resort, set on a secluded beach just ten minutes from the world class shopping and entertainment of Waikiki. This legendary hideaway resort in Honolulu's plush Kahala district is a favorite with presidents, international royalty and celebrities. From the moment you arrive, you will know that you are truly somewhere special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Splitty, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Kahala Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kahala Hotel Honolulu
- The Kahala Hotel And Resort
- Kahala Resort Honolulu
- Kahala Hotel Honolulu
- Mandarin Oriental Oahu
- Kahala Hotel & Resort
- Kahala Mandarin Oriental
- The Kahala Hotel & Resort Hawaii/Honolulu