The Kahala Hotel & Resort
$276
$210
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $268/night.

$316
$206
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $239/night.

$384
$391
$217
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $244/night.

$244
$199
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $244/night.

$492
$436
Westin.com
$450
LuxuryCollection
3,094 results
All reviewsthe dolphin lagoonplumeria beach houseseaside grillprivate beacharancinopacific dream photographydolphin experienceplumeria restaurantlanai roomkoko headbreakfast buffetfour seasonsturn down serviceour honeymoonfree shuttleshuttle servicebusy waikiki
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We just returned from our seventh stay at the Kahala Resort and it was one of if not the best stay we have had. I have gone into great detail in prior reviews so I will focus on something new.

We booked our stay after receiving an email about a limited time offer they had. We have received these before and used them. If you are considering the Kahala, get on their email list. It is definitely worth it.

The offer we used was a greatly reduced rate on the Partial Ocean View Suites and we are thrilled that we booked it. We have tried several room categories from Dolphin Lagoon, Ocean Front Lanai to Ocean Front Suite. Obviously the Ocean Front Suite was awesome but not exactly the most cost conscious. So when we received an offer for the POV Suite we decided to give it a try. First of all, I thought based on the room map that the view would not be great. I could not have been more wrong! In some ways, the view was better than the Ocean Front. We had a much more panoramic view of the hills, golf course AND the ocean. Yes, it is not as flat out ocean view, but you absolutely can see plenty of it. (We were on the 5th floor of 10 which was great.)

Having the extra space was awesome including two full bathrooms, a living room and the lanai.

Plus, with the suite, even at the special rate, we had the suite amenity package which included transfers to and from the hotel, a beach cabana every day, breakfast, afternoon drinks and snacks, morning coffee, etc. For us, it was definitely worth it, especially given that the offer was at a rate lower than some non-suite room categories.

As always, the food was uniformly awesome from the breakfasts, to the Veranda to the fish tacos on the beach.

I particularly appreciate the hotel’s flexibility. We had originally booked only 3 nights but we were able to add a 4th night at the original rate no problem at all.

The hotel also delivered a nice bottle of champagne in honor of our anniversary which was an improvement over last year.

If we had it to do over, we would have stayed all 7 nights at the Kahala, but such is life.
We will definitely be back as this may well have been the best stay.

Room Tip: Highly recommend the Partial Ocean View Suite. Book the category you want as the hotel does not seem to upgrade.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SarahInSoCal
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This property is amazing. The beach is perfect for paddle board, snorkel, kayak or just floating. There is a reef off shore where the waves break so the water is like a calm lagoon. The staff absolutely reflect at 5 star hotel, always friendly and asking what they can do for you, from unpacking your bags, bringing extra bottled water, always addressing you by name, having soft tropical music playing in your always clean room....it's just amazing. The beach cabana boys set up your beach chairs and towels (not an extra charge like most resorts) anywhere on the beach that you choose and there's always someone checking if you need drinks or food. The buffet breakfast and dinners were outstanding. It was very hard to leave!

Room Tip: Our "partial ocean view with lanai" actually faced the mountain. If we leaned out over the balcony and looked far to the right, there was a slight amount of ocean to be viewed. But you can save alot on the room and it's still a very nice view of the golf course and mountains.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OceanVu4me
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Wow!!! This is a hotel we will never in our lifetime forget about.
My husband and I visited The Kahala on our honeymoon back in October 2010! Right from the word go it was an absolute delight. We had a beautiful mountain view room, a chilled bottle of champagne on arrival and the soothing, sweet sound of 'Hawaiian Dreams' escaping from the speakers in the room.
We couldn't get enough of the food in the resort either, from their exotic buffet breakfasts, lovely salads and refreshments whilst sunbathing on the beach at lunch and fresh fish at dinner.
Additionally, walking past the dolphins every morning was an experience of a lifetime!
Our first night dining at Hoku's was extra special too as we were served a congratulations cake at the end of our meal.

No holiday or hotel will ever compare, all I can say is we cannot wait to return again one day! Thank you Kahala Hotel for making our stay so amazingly wonderful :)

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jojolambrou
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The best vacation I've had in some time ! The Kahala was the most amazing beach resort I've ever been too. The staff , dining , location , & Dolphin lagoon, will have me going back!! I didn't want to leave.:)

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Liiissa
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have stayed at The Kahala Hotel and Resort several times and have never been disappointed! It remains one of my favorite hotels in Hawaii, and I have stayed at several on the different islands.

One of the things I like best about The Kahala is that it is tucked away in a serene and beautiful part of Honolulu. So, if you prefer not to stay in one of the hotels located on the crowded, noisy, and "touristry" main drag of Honolulu, The Kahala is the perfect place for you.

The service is impeccable as is the food offered in the on-site restaurants, namely Hoku's and the Plumeria Beach House. The lobby and grounds are lovely and very well maintained, as are the guest rooms. And, the hotel is noted for the array of celebrities who have stayed at this beautiful and secluded hotel over the years. Make sure to check out the "Wall of Fame," which features photographs of numerous celebrities who have stayed at The Kahala. Who knows, you may even catch a glimpse of someone famous while there!

Note that the hotel rates/fees can be quite expensive, but during the low season some decent rates and packages can be had. Make sure to check on-line for Kahala's "Internet Rates" and special packages no matter what time of year you go.

Last but not least, the entire staff goes out-of-their-way to make sure that you feel special and pampered. They often go above and beyond to accomodate you and your requests and to ensure you have a wonderful and memorable vacation.

Even if I don't stay at The Kahala while in Hawaii (we sometimes stay at the Hale Koa military hotel), I still have to stop in at The Kahala for lunch or a coctail, because my visit to Honolulu just wouldn't be complete without a few hours at this beautiful and timeless landmark!

Room Tip: I prefer to stay in the main building (the Kahala Towers). Although the ocean view rooms always awesome, I would not hesitate to stay in one of the mountain view or partial ocean view rooms. From my personal experience, all have very comfortable beds, are quiet, roomy and well-appointed. I may not stay in a room that overlooks entry-way of hotel, but I believe they are the least expensive.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family