Stayed at The Kahala from 27 APR 2013 through 03 APR 2013. This was our first trip to Hawai'i for our 20th anniversary. I cannot say enough great things about The Kahala!
Even though I just mentioned the reason for our trip in passing during the reservation process, the nice lady on the other end of the phone took notice of this small detail. When we arrived, we had a bottle of champagne and a slice of cheesecake for two waiting for us in the room.
The valets were awesome and always on point. Always making sure we had directions to where we needed to go, make sure we had towels, maps and extra bottles of water if we needed them. The most impressive thing was when we went to check out. We were waiting for our car when we turned around to see it was already parked curbside with our bags (all eight of them) already neatly packed in the trunk!
The bellmen were constantly on top of every detail. From a great lei greeting to meeting every need. On our arrival to our room, our bellman showed us around the room and where to find whatever we needed.
Check-in was quick and smooth. The cool towel hit the spot after 16 hours on an airplane. Anytime we needed anything from the front desk, the response was quick and results were outstanding.
The restaurants -
The Plumeria Beach House has an awesome breakfast buffet. Be sure to get the breakfast package. Well worth it. Lunch and dinner also wonderful with great views of the semi-private beach.
Hoku's was an awesome experience. The Seafood Tower (which was ordered accidentally when the server misheard "seafood chowder") was wonderful. Our dinners were right on.
The Veranda is a nice cozy place to eat. I enjoyed the tables with the couches. Great live music from the piano at night.
Seaside Grill is a great place to grab lunch while swimming in the pool or snorkeling in the ocean.
The view from the room was great! We had an ocean-view lanai with a king bed. We were on the second floor and still had great views from Koko Head on the left to Diamond head on the right. The dolphin lagoon directly below our room was entertaining as well. A higher floor would have been nice, but we enjoyed where we were all the same!
The housekeeping service was also on point. Always with a smile and a warm Aloha. They took care of our room as if it was the room of the biggest VIP.
The best part of the room was the nightly turn down service. They would always leave a small surprise on the bed (orchid buds) and have soft Hawaiian music playing on the CD player. Two bottles of water would be left on the nightstands. They even replaced a small cup of water my wife had some flowers in with fresh water for the flowers. It's the attention to the small details that makes The Kahala so special!
The concierge always had directions and great suggestions at hand. Never without ideas for things to do and see and places to eat.
Every staff member seemed to remember us by name and was always ready with a warm, welcoming smile and a friendly Aloha. The Kahala and its staff made our first stay on Oahu very special and memories that will last forever.
We will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kahala Hotel & Resort is Hawaii's reigning luxury resort, set on a secluded beach just ten minutes from the world class shopping and entertainment of Waikiki. This legendary hideaway resort in Honolulu's plush Kahala district is a favorite with presidents, international royalty and celebrities. From the moment you arrive, you will know that you are truly somewhere special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Kahala Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kahala Hotel Honolulu
- The Kahala Hotel And Resort
- Kahala Resort Honolulu
- Kahala Hotel Honolulu
- Mandarin Oriental Oahu
- Kahala Hotel & Resort
- Kahala Mandarin Oriental
- The Kahala Hotel & Resort Hawaii/Honolulu