The Kahala Hotel & Resort
$202
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $307/night.

$217
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $245/night.

$384
$289
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach(Honolulu)
$229
Agoda.com
$244
$199
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $243/night.

$450
LuxuryCollection
$591
Hotels.com
3,090 results
All reviewsthe dolphin lagoonplumeria beach houseseaside grillprivate beacharancinopacific dream photographydolphin experienceplumeria restaurantlanai roomkoko headbreakfast buffetfour seasonsturn down serviceour honeymoonfree shuttleshuttle servicebusy waikiki
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Kahala Resort, the staff was friendly and full of suggestions. The beds are a little small but you melt into them for a wonderful nights sleep. The Dolphin experience is very educational and great for any age. What can I say, we were in Paradise.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Melissa W
KahalaResort, General Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our resort. It was great to learn that you had a good time and enjoyed the services provided by our staff. I was also pleased to see that you had an interaction with the resident dolphins in our private lagoon, which is such a popular guest activity.
My staff and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back the next time you visit Honolulu. Aloha and best wishes.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is Great Hotel with very quite location, spacious and very comfortable rooms and breakfast that with great selection of food for all tastes. Pool area rather small but Dolphin Lagoon adds unique atmosphere. We had a really great stay and I would recommend this resort for everyone looking for great family stay. Hotel provides free shuttle if you are looking for Waikiki crowds. Hotel staff provides first class service at all times.

Room Tip: Ocean view room with balcony oh high floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Adam C
KahalaResort, General Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to send your positive feedback. I was delighted to see that you had a good time and enjoyed the resort features and activities we have to offer such as our extensive breakfast buffet, the resident dolphins in our private lagoon, and our complimentary shopping shuttle. My staff and I look forward to being of service to you again the next time you visit our beautiful island. Aloha and best regards.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Awesome old classic Hawaiian hotel. Beach is great with no waves for little kids. If you want wave just rent a car and go about 15 minutes to Kailua Beach. Only complaint was the rooms have small double beds.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 298AndrewP
The_Kahala_Hotel, General Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for sharing your appreciation of our location and the classic ambiance of our resort. It is such a pleasure having you and your family with us, and more over pleased to hear that you enjoyed our calm beaches. We are lucky to have a reef that protects our beautiful shoreline and offers serene waters to enjoy. Thank you for pointing out that we are in close proximity to popular surf sites, as some may not know that they have options available. Mahalo for sharing your experience with us, it will be a pleasure to welcome you back sometime soon! Aloha and best regards,

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I went there last week and stay a week in Kahala Hawaii on Apr 14-19, 2013, my first step to Kahala is just amazing, I greeted by friendly staff and receive a beautiful garland as a souvenirs, along they way to lobby for check in meet with other friendly staff and was help by them for check in process...once entering the room i found another awesome view of facing the ocean and the mountain, and i can tell that all rooms in Kahala have an amazing view from any any aspect! really just so great!
I highly recommend you all to visit there and stay there to experience by your self, you may will agreed with me that all just a great!.

Room Tip: Since the rooms is come sometimes high, try to find best deal from hotel offer, who know you find the best deal for your experience:-)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yoyokps76
KahalaResort, General Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

It was thoughtful of you to send your feedback following your recent stay with us. I was so pleased to see how much you enjoyed our guest services along with the great view from your room. It was also reassuring to know that you found our traditional lei greeting on arrival to be especially welcoming. I hope you will plan many other trips to Honolulu in the future as my staff and I look forward to being of service to you again. Aloha and best wishes.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I wish I had good things to say about our stay at the Kahala. This was a big disappointment and by far the biggest waste of money. I've put my point form review below.

- First impression was one of bad service. Not greeted very well as our car, then rushed through the check-in process. Literally rushed, and told they were busy.

- The room was adequate, the view over the parking lot did distract from the sea. I would hesitate to call is an ocean view room. The washroom amenities were definitely not 5 star, more a 3 - 3.5 star if I'm generous.

- The cleaning staff did not speak english (those we dealt with) and was very difficult to communicate our needs.

- the concierge was ok, although woefully out of date on restaurant changes.

- the staff at breakfast were excellent and very well trained, the view was also spectacular, although every morning at that same time there were workmen grinding the tree branches that they had previously cut down. This happened every day.

- They were terribly stingy with their water, they only gave us 2 bottles at turndown and wanted to sell us more at an exorbitant price. That left us with no choice but to go off site and buy our own water. I had not seen this at any 5 star hotel in the past

- The staff at the pool was non-existent. There were staff there, but they didn't acknowledge us or help us in any way. All of the chairs were stacked up and not available to use and the pool was uncleaned, with debris floating in it. There was also no shade available. Needless to say this was not an inviting environment.

- Since we couldn't be by the pool we went back to our room. But there were people smoking on the balcony beneath us and we could not sit outside. This is a non-smoking hotel. I think what amazed me the most was that the valet could clearly see what was going on and did noting. We did call and they came but am not sure what the resulting action was.

- during our last 2 days there was construction taking place and shook our entire room so we couldn't even be inside, we decided to leave the hotel as that was our only option. I told the front desk about the problem and they said upon our return they would have a solution. When we arrived back, they said we could have a choice of some different rooms that were better than ours. That was untrue as they were the exact same, only offering a reprieve from the noise. However, the rooms they were recommending were in the same area just a little higher and still had the sound of the construction. I was paying full price for absolutely horrible service and a horrible environment.

- the equipment in the gym was old with only 2 of the 5 treadmills functioning properly. You could see that the other equipment was not properly functioning either.

- this hotel has a lot of hype that is not at all true

- Unfortunately I can't recommend this hotel to others, as it was by far and away our worst overall hotel experience on the islands and even compared to other trips we have done. I only hope they make some changes to improve the customer experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mbfa

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are always listening and are so sorry to hear that you felt your stay was a disappointment. Most disheartening is hearing that you were left with the impression that our staff don't care – It is not up to our Kahala standards and we are so sorry for these incidents but thank you for bringing them to our attention so that we may address this with management and ensure such atypical issues do not occur again in the future. The Kahala has a reputation for a caring staff and genuine service; and we are glad that you did receive that from our wonderful Plumeria Beach House staff. We so hope for the opportunity to deliver the true Kahala experience for which we are known sometime in the future.

Should you wish to discuss your stay further, please contact our Director of Guest Services, Flora LaMontagne, 808.739.8888, she would be grateful to chat with you in detail. Thank you again for your feedback; we look forward to turning your experience around.
Aloha and best wishes