“Excellent Stay at this beautiful resort”

The Kahala Hotel & Resort
Ranked #5 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Milwaukee
“Excellent Stay at this beautiful resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Perfect, absolutely perfect. The room was fabulous. Large, comfortable and clean. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The view was spectacular. The beach and pool area were great and well kept. The staff was unreal. They knew my name and welcomed me as their friend.

The resort was peaceful and quiet. The Dolphin Quest was amazing. I enjoyed just watching the dolphins play.
I rented a car and paid the resort parking fee. that is not uncommon at many resorts I stay at so I had no problems paying for it. When I needed my car, the valet ran to get it and had it to me within minutes. They were the nicest valets I have ever met.
Thank you for providing us this experience. I will be back.

Room Tip: The ocean view is amazing.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
KahalaResort, General Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
It was delighted to read your wonderful comments following your recent stay, and thank you for taking the time to send your feedback. It was so gratifying to see that you had an enjoyable stay and were completely satisfied with your resort experience from our rooms, beach, and resident dolphins all the way to our friendly valets. All of us are looking forward to being of service to you again the next time you visit Honolulu. Aloha and best wishes.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Santa Monica, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

One of the most wonderful hotels I ever stayed at - beautiful, serene, secluded (not in noisy Waikiki - but an area they call the Beverly Hills of Hawaii) - with a gorgeous private beach that never feels crowded and the most breathtaking ocean views from my room I have ever seen.
Breakfast buffet is outstanding - the other menus are a little limited if you are health- weightconscious or a vegetarian (no low-fat cream cheese, joghurt, multi-grain bagels) mostly toast bread, no baghuette/brioche-however, Hawaiian donuts, and Kahala pancakes absolutely divine!
Also had a mushroom appetiz at the Beach, which was delicious, but again, drenched in oil...
But the breakfast buffet is superb!!
Staff is superfriendly and helpful-only exception the concierge (had a few snafus with them, but after complaining to management they more than made up for it and did everything they could to make my stay extra-special - which is the sign of a well-run hotel - snafus can happen, but how it's dealt with is what makes the difference - and management here definitely gets 5 Stars!!
A disaster is the Hertz rental on the premises - rude, sloppy and unreliable (didn' even fill up the gas fully and still tried to charge me for it, the car had not been cleaned, but they threatened a $200 cleaning fee, if it wasn't returned pristine.....the worst car rental ever!!

So look no further, there is nothing better and more beautiful than the Kahala in Hawaii - the locals also LOVE and recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
KahalaResort, General Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking time to share your experience. I was delighted to see that you had a good time and enjoyed our guest services and facilities. I was also pleased to see your positive comments about our secluded location and serene beach. Our selection of daily buffet breakfast items is very popular, including our special donuts and pancakes as you discovered firsthand. I was sorry to learn there were some difficulties interacting with our concierge staff and was glad to see that our managers made it up to you for any inconvenience caused. The comments regarding your unfortunate car rental experience were shared with the General Manager of Hertz for his information and follow up, and thank you for sharing your concerns with us. All of your feedback is greatly appreciated, and my staff and I are looking to being of service to you again.
Aloha and best wishes.
Tokyo, Japan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

i booked for a 2 queen bed room. but when we check in the staff in front told me that there's no available 2 queen bed room. i reserved through internet a month before. it so sad, so sad after expecting so much someone must sleep in a roll over bed. what do you think about this? do i have the right to feel sad?

6 Thank hotelcommentator
Thank you for staying at our resort during your recent trip to Honolulu. I was sorry to see that the bedding configuration you selected when you booked on the internet was not available when you checked in. I also understand that sleeping on a rollaway bed might not be completely satisfactory, particularly when you were not expecting to do so. I hope you will plan another stay with us so that we can restore your faith in our resort as we provide our usual high quality service. Thank you very much for writing and for sharing your concerns. Aloha and best regards.
Huntington Beach, Ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and I just had a 5 night stay at the Kahala Hotel and Resort on Oahu. We were there with her company for a special event. She had company meetings for two days and the rest was open. We never ate dinner at the hotel since we felt the prices were just too high, I had breakfast once and never again. I understand the cost of putting on a buffet breakfast and have paid in the high $20 dollar range in the past. I just thought $38 was absurd. I was also planning on doing work a few times during the trip but it took the hotel 3 days until they solved the problem of getting my computer and IPAD hooked up. They kept saying everything is ok, then on the third night like magic it started to work. I sensed they had a problem, too bad they just didn’t admit the problem. This hotel is an adult hotel. simple pool and beach, great place for adults and order kids. I have stayed at nicer hotels on other islands and never paid what I paid for parking and other amenities here. I am not the fan of resort charges, always pay attention. Would I go back if I wanted a hotel on Oahu, no, I would choose another hotel. I have to give this hotel on thing, the rooms were outstanding. My wife loves having her coffee in a real coffee cup, rather than a paper one.

Room Tip: The rooms looking over the dolphin quest pond seem bigger.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jfott2000
KahalaResort, General Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your resort experience following your recent stay with us. I was sorry to learn that there was a delay in correcting your computer and iPad difficulties. You will be interested to know that we are making a significant investment to provide internet at double the current bandwidth. Retooling for today's technology is a high priority for us, and we are working to keep the hotel's access equal to the newest trends and broadband capabilities. We would welcome an opportunity to be of service to you again on a future occasion. Aloha and best regards.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

This was our first time staying here!!! Amazing location, away from all the busy , tourist traps. Very private, quiet, relaxing stay. The service was very personal and prompt! Would defiantly recommend and come back again!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to our beautiful island. I was delighted to see that you had a relaxing time and enjoyed our secluded location along with our guest services and facilities. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back to our resort the next time you visit Oahu.
Aloha and best regards.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

This was our second time at The Kahala and again we enjoyed all that there was to offer. The hotel is situated on the quiet side of Diamond Head and away from Waikiki. Our kids loved the safe, calm beach and shallow ocean waters to swim in. Pool area is great too. Overall, a great stay especially if you have kids. The kids loved the fun Keiki Club and actually asked if they could go! The sea-life and dolphin lagoon is an added bonus. Views are everything you would expect in beautiful Hawaii.

Room Tip: We stayed in the tower this time and had beautiful ocean views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
It was great to have you and your family with us again, and thank you for sharing your experience.
I was pleased to see how much your children enjoyed swimming in the shallow ocean waters on our beach along with participating in the Keiki Club activities that entertain and educate guests' children. It will be a pleasure to welcome all of you back to our resort on many future occasions.
Aloha and best wishes.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

We will definitely return to The Kahala! The hotel is great for kids!!...the beach is super safe and the pools were perfect! The service was beyond our expectations! My 6 year old son and I are both gluten free. The hotel brought in all kinds of gluten free products when I let them know we would be staying...bread, pancake mix, GF buns, pasta...even a few treats like cookies and muffins! Joy and Jamie the restaurant managers were awesome!!....this is the only place we stay when in Oahu, the location is great and the shuttle service makes it even more ideal!

2 Thank BDhillonBC
KahalaResort, General Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I was so pleased to read your feedback following your stay with us, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. All of our employees try to provide exceptional service to our guests, and our restaurant managers were happy to ensure gluten-free meals for your children. I am delighted to know how much you enjoyed our secluded location and found our complimentary shopping shuttle so convenient. Thank you again for letting me hear from you. We look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon. Aloha and best regards.