The Kahala Hotel & Resort
$329
$300
Westin.com
  • Beachfront
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
$204
$199
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$219
$209
$450
TrumpHotels.com
3,068 results
All reviewsthe dolphin lagoonplumeria beach houseprivate beachseaside grillarancinodolphin experiencepacific dream photographyplumeria restaurantlanai roomkoko headbreakfast buffetfour seasonsturn down serviceour honeymoonfree shuttleshuttle servicebusy waikiki
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Kahala is gorgeous. We first discovered it on our honeymoon and just went back for our third time. My husband and I love Oahu since we are the type of people who love the beach, but need other things to do as well. Waikiki is like the mall at Christmas though. I love it, but the beach there is not the relaxing Hawaiian vacation you'd imagine. The Kahala has a great beach which is relaxing and has affordable cabanas. They have free shuttles to Waikiki and other shopping so you aren't missing out on anything. I am very picky with my hotels, and the Kahala has always been extremely clean and luxurious. We love stopping to watch the dolphins play on our way out or to the beach as well. A great hotel! We will be bringing our kids the next time we come, and I'm sure they will have a blast!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
KahalaResort, General Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

It is great to see that you are loyal return guests after just a few visits at our resort. Thank you for staying with us again and for sending your wonderful, positive comments. We always strive to provide our guests with a comfortable and memorable resort experience. My staff and I look forward to being of service to you again on many future occasions. Aloha and best regards.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

The Kahala remains a great resort. Perfectly pleasant but missing a few things like mini-bar service. The rooms are spacious but prices are equally so. Of note, while requesting a 2pm check out, an $80 charge was requested which is unusual. Most hotels easily allow 2 - 4 pm checkouts for program and return guests. For my taste, such little perks makes the distinction of a true 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
KahalaResort, General Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Honolulu. I was sorry to learn that we were not able to grant a late check out for you. Please understand that most of the time a late check out is charged at the 1/2 day rate and, unfortunately, it always depends on whether your room category is needed for an arrival, which happened to be the situation on the day of your departure. We always try to provide a pleasant and comfortable resort experience for our guests, and I do appreciate you sharing your concerns. My staff and I look forward to being of service to you again on your next trip to Honolulu. Aloha and best wishes.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

The staff provides a relaxing and comfortable environment with personal service and incredible attention to detail. We were debating between an Oceanview (Diamond Head Tower) and an Oceanfront (Koko Tower) room and chose the Oceanview to avoid noise from the pool. The Oceanview was fine, although set back a little farther than the Oceanfront. The pool area was not noisy as some resort pools can be, so if the view is important to you, I would recommend the Oceanfront (we'll choose Oceanfront next time).

The beach in front of the hotel extends north for about a mile and affords a lovely, quiet walk (see photos). The breakfast buffet is a good value considering the numerous options offered and the convenience of the location - and the view could not be better!

Room Tip: Koko tower has a better view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank boots900
KahalaResort, General Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for staying at our resort during your recent trip to Honolulu. I was pleased to see that our employees extended their usual fine service and you were comfortable in your room. I agree that it is a good idea for you to try another room category for your next stay, and it will be a pleasure to welcome you back on that occasion. Aloha and best regards.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We have stayed at Hotels all over the world, including many in the luxury category. The Kahala is, hands down, # 1. The location is superb. The food is almost without exception absolutely first class. The staff are the best trained of any we have experienced, only 4 Seasons comes close. While pricier than many NO OTHER HOTEL IS BETTER VALUE.

Room Tip: We prefer a balconied room Koko Head wing ( mountain view with a glimpse of the water) to the pricier ocean front /view rooms as we love the beauty of the mountains. The Koko head wing it is very quiet .We have stayed ocean front and the rooms are lovely and the view spectacular in its own way.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to send your wonderful comments following your recent stay with us. We always try to provide our guests with a comfortable and memorable resort experience, and I was delighted to see that our services and facilities met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort sometime soon. Aloha and thank you again.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was our first time staying at the Kahala and we were blown away by the excellent service, fabulous dining options, beautiful and extremely comfortable guest rooms. Loved the serene location, but also loved the fact that the Kahala offered hourly shuttles to and from Waikiki.

Cant wait to go back next year!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the Ocean Front rooms overlooking the lagoon with the dolphins and out to the beach.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dswingsing

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Honolulu. I was delighted to see that you had a good time and enjoyed our dining options along with our guest services and rooms and were able to take advantage of our shopping shuttle. I appreciate receiving your comments, and it will be a pleasure to welcome you back to our resort on many future occasions. Aloha and best regards.