The staff provides a relaxing and comfortable environment with personal service and incredible attention to detail. We were debating between an Oceanview (Diamond Head Tower) and an Oceanfront (Koko Tower) room and chose the Oceanview to avoid noise from the pool. The Oceanview was fine, although set back a little farther than the Oceanfront. The pool area was not noisy as some resort pools can be, so if the view is important to you, I would recommend the Oceanfront (we'll choose Oceanfront next time).
The beach in front of the hotel extends north for about a mile and affords a lovely, quiet walk (see photos). The breakfast buffet is a good value considering the numerous options offered and the convenience of the location - and the view could not be better!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kahala Hotel & Resort is Hawaii's reigning luxury resort, set on a secluded beach just ten minutes from the world class shopping and entertainment of Waikiki. This legendary hideaway resort in Honolulu's plush Kahala district is a favorite with presidents, international royalty and celebrities. From the moment you arrive, you will know that you are truly somewhere special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Splitty, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Kahala Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kahala Hotel Honolulu
- The Kahala Hotel And Resort
- Kahala Resort Honolulu
- Kahala Hotel Honolulu
- Mandarin Oriental Oahu
- Kahala Hotel & Resort
- Kahala Mandarin Oriental
- The Kahala Hotel & Resort Hawaii/Honolulu