What a wonderful hotel!
We took our teenagers to the Kahala for the first leg of a Hawaii trip. We hadn't been there before, but we had heard great things about it. We were not disappointed. Every aspect of our stay was spectacular. Check in was quick and easy. The rooms (we had adjoining suites) were wonderful. Spectacular service. Great food. Nice beach. The hotel was at capacity, but we never waited for anything.
There are not enough superlatives to describe this property. It is not inexpensive, but as Hawaii hotels go, you get a decent bang for your buck.
One thing we had to adjust to was hanging out with the celebrities. "Hey look . . . there's Matt Damon!" Doesn't happen to us very often in Kansas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kahala Hotel & Resort is Hawaii's reigning luxury resort, set on a secluded beach just ten minutes from the world class shopping and entertainment of Waikiki. This legendary hideaway resort in Honolulu's plush Kahala district is a favorite with presidents, international royalty and celebrities. From the moment you arrive, you will know that you are truly somewhere special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Kahala Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kahala Hotel And Resort
- The Kahala Hotel Honolulu
- Kahala Resort Honolulu
- Kahala Hotel Honolulu
- Mandarin Oriental Oahu
- Kahala Hotel & Resort
- Kahala Mandarin Oriental
- The Kahala Hotel & Resort Hawaii/Honolulu