“Wonderful Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 83 Hotels in Honolulu
Santa Clarita, California
“Wonderful Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My family just came back from 5 nights at Kahala Resort. We were in heaven the whole time. From walking into the lobby area to seeing our gorgeous room and view on the balcony we were smiling from ear to ear. The entire staff is so friendly and helpful. Michal and Tatyianna at the High Tea were absolute dolls. Breakfast was delicious and lunch at the Seaside Cafe was beautiful. My daughter along with 3 other women in our group did a paddle board yoga class at sunset and they had so much fun. It was nice to be close enough to Waikiki yet in our own little world at The Kahala.

Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
KahalaResort, General Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our resort. I was delighted to see that our services and guest facilities met your expectations. Your positive comments were forwarded to the staff who served you at High Tea as well as those at poolside. I was also pleased to see how much fun your group had during the paddle board yoga class at sunset. We are looking forward to being of service to you again the next time you plan a trip to our beautiful island. Aloha and best wishes.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My family and I vacationed at the Kahala Hotel and Resort for a week long stay and didn't ever want to leave. The location and service were second to none. The staff was incredible, addressing you by name and catering to your every need. This is a must stay and is very family friendly. I have two children ages 10 and 12 and they keep asking me when we can go back. The food was a bit expensive, but so is everything else in Hawaii so don't be shocked when your breakfast bill arrives and it is over $100, it is worth every penny!

Room Tip: If you can, choose a room on the higher levels for a better view. Just about every room has a parti...
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank allybear21
KahalaResort, General Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send your positive feedback following your recent stay with us. I was so pleased to see that you had a good time and enjoyed our secluded location and the services provided by our employees. Yes, this is a family friendly hotel, and my staff and I look forward to welcoming all of you back the next time you visit our beautiful island. Aloha and best wishes.
honolulu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Had a lovely lunch here with family. Service and food was wonderful and the view and beach lovely ideal for those holiday photos. The turtles and dolphin show was a surprise bonus and you can swim with the dolphins if you would like with very friendly staff. All in all i would recommend this as a must visit if in honolulu.

1 Thank tripAdviser1954
The_Kahala_Hotel, General Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your lunch with us. And that you found our dolphins and turtles delightful. Mahalo! We look forward to welcoming you back!

With Kindest Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Kahala is one of the few places I've been to where I feel like home. The staffs there are so friendly and helpful all the way from the valet to the manger. Even my hard to satified Chinese elite friends are having such an amazing time while staying there with fabulous dinning experience, swimming with the dophines, and chilling on the cananas on the beach. I also love the personal tough they do at the kahala, such as making noodles for chinese birthday celebration!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
It was such a pleasure to read your comments, and thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Honolulu. We always try to provide a comfortable and memorable resort experience for our guests, and I was delighted to see that you felt "at home" and found our staff friendly and helpful. Knowing that your Chinese birthday celebration was a big success is wonderful news, too. My staff and I look forward to being of service to you again sometime soon. Aloha and best regards.
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we arrived until the second we left it was perfect perfect food perfect teeth perfect service perfect cleanliness and amazing Aloha filled environment. The chef out did himself with the sandwiches pastries fruits vegetables and amazing tea selections.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
The_Kahala_Hotel, General Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Mahalo and thank you so much for your feedback. We are so pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations and that everything was perfect from tea to ambiance.

On behalf of the entire staff and myself, thank you so much for taking time to write about your experience. We certainly appreciate such kind words.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Eating at The Veranda was a delight! The servers Kellee, Michal, and Tatyana were so gracious and predicted our every need. Thanks for setting up a special setting for Echo's birthday celebration! The valet was quick and the hosts were helpful to surprise our birthday girl. Come to the Kahala for a relaxing Sunday afternoon or a delicious dinner!

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so pleased that you had such an enjoyable time at The Veranda. And it is truly a delight to hear that we were able to be a part of such a special day.

On behalf of the entire staff and myself, thank you so much for taking time to write about your experience and for the kind recommendation.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

One always here's how lucky we are to live in Hawaii and it only gets better when one of the best Spas in Hawaii located at the Kahala hotel is just 3 blocks from my home.
Whenever I really need to feel refreshed or going out for a big night I know I can count on Olivia to give me the latest hydro facial that will get me looking radiant for a special occasion-if you are visiting you won't want to miss the beautiful private spa rooms to have anyone of their amazing treatments-The rooms have private spa tubs and showers for complete privacy. My husband and I have also enjoyed a couples massage treatment with fresh strawberries and campaign delivered! The staff is super educated in the latest anti aging treatments and have products and beauty tools that you can purchase and take back home-one of my favorite treatments other then the hydro/oxygen facial is the anti aging June Jacobs hydrating facial-I also ask for the addition of the face lifting treatment with the Nu Face Trinity-your face and skin will look amazing. I am so lucky to live here and have such a wonder spa so close. If visiting Hawaii and even if not staying at the hotel this is one spa you should not visit-with Aloha Devra

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Etsis
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so pleased that you had such an enjoyable time at The Kahala Spa.

On behalf of the entire staff and myself, thank you so much for taking time to write about your experience. We certainly appreciate your glowing words of praise about our lovely spa treatements. As part of our daily communication I have shared your feedback with our teams as there is no better motivator then a job well done !

Roseann Grippo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Honolulu
The Modern Honolulu
#3 of 83 in Honolulu
4.5 of 5 stars 2,242 reviews
Trump International Hotel Waikiki
Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort

Been to The Kahala Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!