My husband and I stayed here quite a few months ago, so my review is a bit delayed (remembered that I forgot to review when I logged in to TA today...).
This property was a bit far from the downtown area, but we had a car, so we didn't mind and we actually enjoyed being away from the noise and commotion of downtown. The hotel did offer a complementary shuttle, but we always opted for our own vehicle, so I cannot speak to the shuttle service.
Our room was absolutely gorgeous on the top floor overlooking the ocean. I loved sleeping with the veranda doors open and never had an issue with bugs coming in. The room was large and mostly well-maintained. I really enjoyed the separate vanities in the bathroom, which made getting ready in the morning much easier for two people. The bedding was also extremely comfortable.
Our rate also included breakfast. Wow! This had to be one of the best breakfast options that I've ever had as included! Fresh squeezed juices, omelets, pancakes and waffles and fresh fruit, yogurt, etc. There were enough options that I could have eaten there all day. I'd definitely recommend trying to get a breakfast-included rate though as it was quite expensive if you paid separately. There were also a few other dining options on property that we found to be good (food and service), but nothing over-the-top spectacular.
The beach and pool areas were also very clean and beautiful. I especially love the privacy of the beach and the little island that juts out (makes for some great photos). We never had a problem with getting chairs, towels, etc.
The service was also attentive. The front desk staff was very accommodating for a few special requests that we had such as check cashing, recommendations, etc. They also promptly took care of a problem with our original reservation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kahala Hotel & Resort is Hawaii's reigning luxury resort, set on a secluded beach just ten minutes from the world class shopping and entertainment of Waikiki. This legendary hideaway resort in Honolulu's plush Kahala district is a favorite with presidents, international royalty and celebrities. From the moment you arrive, you will know that you are truly somewhere special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Preferred Hotels, Orbitz, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Kahala Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kahala Hotel Honolulu
- The Kahala Hotel And Resort
- Kahala Resort Honolulu
- Kahala Hotel Honolulu
- Mandarin Oriental Oahu
- Kahala Hotel & Resort
- Kahala Mandarin Oriental
- The Kahala Hotel & Resort Hawaii/Honolulu