The Kahala Hotel & Resort
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$189
$254
$209
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
$199
$420
$336
Hotels.com
3,071 results
All reviewsthe dolphin lagoonplumeria beach houseprivate beachseaside grillarancinodolphin experiencepacific dream photographyplumeria restaurantlanai roomkoko headbreakfast buffetfour seasonsturn down serviceour honeymoonfree shuttleshuttle servicebusy waikiki
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We went because of business meetings and spent an extra two days. They were very relaxing and enjoyable. With the exception of not having a golf course immediately available as part of the resort (such as at resorts on Hawaii), everything needed was right at the Kahala. The food was good and the service attentive. We will return. For those that are adventurous the ability to be with the dolphins in the water is a plus. The special dinner events at the hotel were superb! They went the extra mile and paid attention to details. This is probably the best hotel on Oahu and, being away from the crowds of Waikiki is a real plus.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank HalSanDiego
KahalaResort, General Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our resort. It is always gratifying to see that our guest services and facilities continue to meet guest expectations. Also, I was pleased to see that you were able to enjoy a Dophin Quest program during your stay, which is one of our most popular guest activities. Thank you again for taking the time to write, and it will be a pleasure to welcome you back sometime soon. Aloha and best regards.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I had my wedding there last year and spent one night there. I am only reviewing the hotel and not my experiences with the wedding (which was good overall).

I have been to Honolulu 7 times & stayed in different hotels - mostly in Waikiki (Marriott, Hotel Renew, Pacific Beach, Ilikai, Aston Waikiki Beach Tower). I was pretty excited to finally stay there as my sister & her family live next door to the Kahala & we dined there frequently.

Unfortunately, I was pretty disappointed with my one night stay. # 1. check in took a very long time & there was some confusion at the reception. # 2. We had breakfast included as part of the room but they would not confirm that and argued that was not the case until they found the reservation. I was put on hold (on the telephone) for a long time until this was straightened out. # 3. we found the bed to be incredibly uncomfortable - we ended sleeping on the floor (the mattress is very, very soft - like sink in soft - in all fairness, if you like that type of mattress, I guess it would not be too bad but my husband and I both prefer firm mattresses). My parents were staying there for one week and they had the same issue with the mattress and had to have it replaced. As we were there for just one night, we didn't think it was worth complaining about. # 4. The service was average for Hawaii standards and not exemplary as expected in a hotel of this star rating/price. To be honest, I experienced more genuine Aloha in the hotels in Waikiki.

The good of Kahala is of course the unmatched location right off the most beautiful part of the island away from all the craziness of Waikiki. View of the sunset from the beach is amazing. The room was large, clean and well decorated. It was nice to watch the dolphins from our balcony. We ordered room service for the wedding party and the food was quite yummy. Restaurants on site are all very good.

Overall, I was disappointed with the value we received and I doubt we would stay here again. There are too many nicer hotels (& less expensive ones) to choose in Oahu. It seems like their rating on Tripadvisor has gone down in the last year or so - I remember they were #1 or # 2 on the list for a long time - maybe they need to consider making some changes to bring them up to the level they were at. They definitely have the potential to be an exemplary hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jeniusk

Your recent feedback on your experience at our resort last year was read with great interest and some concern. I want to thank you for selecting our resort for your wedding, and I was pleased to see that my staff provided the memorable occasion you expected. Also, I was delighted to read your other positive comments regarding our secluded location, extra large guestrooms, and our popular, resident dolphins in our private lagoon. However, I note your comments that you and your husband found the mattress in your room too soft. Housekeeping would have been happy to replace it with a non-pillow top style, and I regret you were not aware of that fact. Any discomfort you experienced was very unfortunate. I am pleased to add that we are expecting delivery of our new mattresses next week. We would welcome an opportunity to be of service to you again, and we hope you will plan a return trip sometime soon. Aloha and best regards.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We just got back from a four-night (aka too-short-of-a-stay) stay at the Kahala Hotel & Resort. When we arrived, the front desk took the liberty of upgrading us to a room that opens up right into the golf course next to the hotel. Every morning we could see the golfers driving by, it was absolutely lovely. The beach area is relatively small but has everything you could ask for -- serenity, private beach, multiple restaurants a few steps away and, last but not least, the resort's very own dolphin lagoon. We didn't get to do a dolphin quest but will surely do so the next time we are in Honolulu and we'll be staying for a longer time for sure.

Room Tip: The Lanai off to the side are a bit more private and the bathrooms are very spacious, be sure to reserve one of those for your planned visit.
1  Thank gtsjyq
KahalaResort, General Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to send your great comments regarding your recent stay at our resort. I was happy to see that you had a good time and enjoyed our guest services and facilities. I trust that you will be able to experience one of the popular Dolphin Quest programs during your next, longer stay with us. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back to our resort at that time.
Aloha and best regards.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

The Kahala IS the BEST Hotel on Oahu!!! From the incredible service to the comfortable rooms and fantastic restaurants. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a relaxing and enjoyable vacation. The rooms are very big and spacious bathrooms as well. The entire staff was always helpful and knowledgeable.

Room Tip: Rooms around the Lagoon is great to sit and watch the dolphins.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying at our resort and for sharing your positive experience with us. It is important for us to know that our services and facilities met or even surpassed your expectations, and your wonderful comments are sincerely appreciated. My staff and I look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions. Aloha and best regards.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel from the 22nd September until the 28th September.Everything about this hotel is first class. I would recommend this hotel to any one who wants to enjoy Oahu but also wants privacy.
I wanted to make special mention about Billy on the the class instructors, his tuition and knowledge is the best that I have ever experienced.Good luck with your future career.

A very special hotel for those wanting a little luxury.

We will be returning.

Room Tip: Whilst we did not have a beach facing room the views over the golf course and the sounds of the waterfalls helped for a good nights sleep
1  Thank rainbowroy
KahalaResort, General Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

It was thoughtful of you to share your recent experience at our resort, and I was delighted to see that you particularly enjoyed our secluded location. Thank you for highlighting the exceptional performance by your fitness instructor. He was very pleased to read your comments and was happy to work with you. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back to our corner in paradise on your next trip to Honolulu. Aloha and best regards.