Aloha! We just returned from a fabulous stay at the Kahala. The property is beautiful and the location is perfect. If you want luxury, beauty, a great beach, and a true Hawaiian experience I would recommend staying at this hotel as it is the best on Oahu.
The staff is very friendly and efficient. Food is good, albeit very expensive, and food service is a bit spotty (seemed isolated to cases of new employees).
The rooms are well done and they have put thought into ensuring any and all amenities you may need are stocked in your room. We opted for the Oceanfront lanai and it was well worth the price for the view of the dolphin lagoon, the lush grounds, and the water.
The hotel attracts tourists from all over the world so you have to go in with an open mind and understanding of different cultures.
No place is with without flaws or issues, but the sign of a truly great hotel is how well they are handled. We had a couple of very minor issues and the hotel handled swiftly and professionally. You can take comfort in knowing that the hotel will strive to ensure your happiness during your stay.
Here are a couple of words of advice for when you book your stay at the Kahala…
1. If you are an American Express Platinum customer, book your stay through Amex. The discounts that you will receive are substantial (discounted room rates, complimentary breakfast, spa discounts, dining credits, and more).
2. If you are planning on eating at the hotel make your breakfast and dinner reservations in advance. The wait will be long otherwise.
3. Book a cabana!
4. If you happen to have a room facing the ocean, look to the far right of the beach sometime around 3 or 4 pm. You might see paparazzi. We saw them twice. Then you and your travel companion(s) can play the guess-which-celebrity-is-staying-at-the-hotel game.
I hope you enjoy your stay at the Kahala as much as we did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kahala Hotel & Resort is Hawaii's reigning luxury resort, set on a secluded beach just ten minutes from the world class shopping and entertainment of Waikiki. This legendary hideaway resort in Honolulu's plush Kahala district is a favorite with presidents, international royalty and celebrities. From the moment you arrive, you will know that you are truly somewhere special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Kahala Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kahala Hotel And Resort
- The Kahala Hotel Honolulu
- Kahala Resort Honolulu
- Kahala Hotel Honolulu
- Mandarin Oriental Oahu
- Kahala Hotel & Resort
- Kahala Mandarin Oriental
- The Kahala Hotel & Resort Hawaii/Honolulu