Star of Honolulu - Dinner and Whale Watch Cruises
$115.00*
and up
Oahu Star Sunset Dinner and Show Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: Hawaii's most popular sunset dinner cruise! Embark on a romantic dinner cruise aboard the luxurious, award-winning 1,500-passenger Star of Honolulu. It is Hawaii's only A.D.A. compliant ship with 3 types of stabilizers ensuring smooth sailing. Recent $1 million interior renovation of our 4 spacious decks and 6 dining rooms feature the best views and highest quality of food, service and Hawaiian entertainment. Don't miss whale watching in season (Dec - Apr) with Whale Guarantee and "Child FREE" special! Widest variety of dinner cruise options.
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Took my wife out for an early birthday dinner just the two of us, we checked in and were greeted by hula dancers and a lot of the crew saying Aloha, kind of cheesy for local people but this is for tourists anyway. We boarded the ship were seated accordingly we chose where we wanted to sit our waitress was Valeria and she started the dinner service right away. The staff there are friendly & courteous, the music was really good Paka and his partner sounded awesome, the food tasted great salad to start off, then the ship sailed out. The main course steak, mash potatoes, vegetables and all the crab legs you can eat, and did I eat, Valeria just kept stacking them on my plate every time she passed by, I didn't complain at all. The entertainment was hula dancers that was good too while they were doing the Samoan slap dance one of the dancers yelled in a Korean woman's direction & it scared her I laughed at that one, at the end of the night they make everyone dance train, disco and other dances where all can participate. All in all a pretty good night hope this review helps anyone who reads it

1  Thank LoekaK
Write a ReviewReviews (1,208)
All reviews
"conga line"
in 13 reviews
"sirloin steak"
in 11 reviews
"highly recommend this cruise"
"great cruise"
in 42 reviews
"waikiki beach"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed November 8, 2012

My in-laws wanted to take us our for a nice dinner and we have been to Honolulu many times and have never tried this. The operation is quite slick with the hotel transportation all the way to the dinner seating. We opted for the steak and crab leg dinner. I have to say that both the steak and crab legs were very good. We also had a substitution for crab legs with mahi-mahi but sadly that wasn't good at all. The fish was dry and not very good at all. Good thing the steak and veggies were very good so no one went hungry. They bring a big crab bucket around to replenish your legs. I have to say that some people sure took advantage of the all you can eat.

Our waitress Ainslynn was amazing. She was super friendly and we had no complaints at all. She even cleared our dirty dishes which seems to be left to the end and that had some people perturbed. In fact all the staff should be commended for the amount of work they are expected to do from serving, entertaining and even shuttling you back to the correct bus.

On the other side this isn't for everyone. Be forewarned you will have some cheesy entertainment and audience participation. The Japanese love this and they cater to it but it may not be for you. We loved the view from the deck but you may feel torn between eating and seeing the sunset. This is a large operation and it must be hard to service 1500 in one sitting.

All in all I would give it a 7/10 because the service and food was good.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I took my grandmother on the one-star dinner cruise during our vacation. We were very disappointed. I only gave this an average rating because it is a unique experience to see Waikiki from the water, otherwise it would have been a poor rating. The food is very mediocre. We were sat next to a wall and did not have a view at all. The service was VERY slow and once we got our food the waitress never returned. My grandmother and I got up to look outside after we ate and while we were gone dessert was served and they didn't even leave us any. They obviously knew someone was sitting there, so they should have just left the dessert no matter what. The only redeeming quality, as stated is the view of waikiki. We had to get up from our table and go out onto the outside deck in order to see it, but it is breathtaking. It was a cloudy night so we didn't get to see a sunset, but watching the lights come up on Waikiki as night falls is a once in a lifetime experience. The entertainment is fun, but we like foolish things. I overheard others complaining about it, but we enjoyed the playfulness of it.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We did the 3 Star Dinner Cruise on October 14, 2012. We were picked up from our hotel in a bus and this was a well organised and comfortable ride. Food and drinks were all good and our waitress was also excellent on the night. The entertainment was a good sample of Hawaiian music and other Polynesian cultural dancing. The diners all got involved towards the end of the night and everybody appeared to have a fun time-along with the staff! There's a lot of food, drinks, sights and entertainment to get through in two hours and it seems to go in a flash. Our kids are 4&1/2 years old and 18 months and they were grooving to the music and dancing as well! It's a set menu detailed on the webpage, so you know if they won't eat what's on offer, feed them beforehand. Otherwise sit back, enjoy the views, sounds and sights and enjoy the cruise.

1  Thank Doug L