“Great spot!”
Review of Rum Fire

Rum Fire
Ranked #121 of 2,474 Restaurants in Honolulu
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We went there as our evening was winding down and I'm so glad we stopped! Definitely a very cool atmosphere surrounded by the pools and illuminated palm trees (we sat on the patio and watched the ocean). I'm sure the food's not cheap but your average domestic/import brews seemed reasonably priced (sorry, no cosmos for this guy :) Definitely make it a point to stop there at night and take in the scene (decent music also).

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Spent many happy hours here. While it is in a hotel and the prices are jacked up, they offer live music and some great seating right along the water.

Great way to end the day and watch the sun set.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Rum Fire has been a staple on our eating list since it opened. The hip vibe, outdoor/indoor seating, and constant breezes make this a perfect spot to sit for a late night bite and drink. Its fairly unique along the Waikiki strip...there are other imitators, but they seem to cater to a quieter demographic. This is not a spot to go at night for quiet conversation, this is sit, listen, and absorb what's around you.

The menu has changed quite a bit over the past year, and I'm not a fan of the direction. There is definitely a very Japanese flavor to the menu now, which is highly dependent on variations on raw fish...not my personal taste. Nevertheless, I only need some good solid staples to make me happy. The fried rice is excellent (frankly, a surprise). The fist tacos are quite flavorful. And the burger is quite filling and full of flavor.

I would love to see the return of some of the Island flavors that used to dominate the menu (e.g., grilled beef and pork dishes), but I doubt that is going to happen. So, I will just have another refreshing drink and enjoy the view.

1  Thank BullbunkySF
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Get here to watch the sun go down and then stay into early evening before heading to dinner. Our friends thought the cocktails a little expensive in comparison to mainland USA but I thought they were a similar price as in the UK. Try and get a table outside by one of the firepits and enjoy the view aswell as staying cosy warm. You can eat here also and they have a limited menu, but didn't try it. Also don't be fooled by thinking you have to wait to be seated like we saw others doing, you don't, just walk in and sit where you find. Good atmosphere.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I first became aware of Rum Fire when reading a Cosmo article on nightlife in Waikiki. My boyfriend and I decided to check it out on our first visit to Oahu in 2011 and were very impressed. I just adore this bar! We visited Oahu again last year and made a point to visit Rum Fire once more. Located at the Sheraton Waikiki, Rum Fire has a stunning view of Waikiki coast and Diamond Head. There is something magical about watching the sun set whilst sipping delicious cocktails, listening to live acoustic music. When night falls the bar is lit up by torches adding to the romantic vibe. You have the option to sit indoors or outdoors. The drinks were delicious and well priced and they make a yummy Mai Tai. Nibbles where tasty, delivered with prompt and friendly service. Rum fire has a romantic, relaxed beachy atmosphere. Definitely put it on your to do list when holidaying in Waikiki.