“Food good”

Spada Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #441 of 2,339 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Otley, United Kingdom
“Food good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Food and staff very satisfactory. Priced sensibly with varied menu. Attached to Marriott Courtyard Hotel.

Visited January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Wellington, New Zealand
“Nice Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

My Partner and I stumbled across this Italian Restaurant and we were not disappointed. The service was friendly but very informative. Found a very nice Da Vinci Chianti to go with our meal and the overall meal was fairly priced. Highly recommended.

Visited January 2013
Palo Alto, California
“Prefabricated pizzas for 20$ - are you kidding me?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Normally, I don't write reviews. however, I would like to warn people about this place. Very bad quality of food and lousy service. We ordered pizzas and pasta. While the pasta was overcooked the pizzas were the worst we ever had. They were icy cold in the middle and moderate warm at the outside. They all had the same perfect round shape and the different ingredients had no taste at all. The chef even forgot one pizza, which came three minutes after we asked the waitress and she apologized, that the chef had forgotten this order. Three minutes? Icy in the middle, perfectly round and no taste? That's a prefabricated pizza for $ 20 each. In the end the waitress did not even manage to handle seperate bills, which we asked for in the beginning. The worst food experience ever!!!

• Visited November 2012
“Give the Marriott free breakfast a miss!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

This is horrible even or a free breakfast, I would rather pay the value of the free breakfast offered by the hotel and get some service, value, taste, cleanliness somewhere else... Give this one a miss... I'm really surprised to read the comments of others that have had a good meal here??

Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
“Something went wrong...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

My sister and I walked down to one of our favorite restaurants to watch the Halloween mayhem from its windows that look onto Kuhio. We have loved the ambiance and refined tastes and service in this well-located restaurant. If you love good Italian pastas and traditional dishes, you would have loved Spada.

But something went wrong. Did they sell it? Did the owner get sick or die or something? What a major bummer last night at Spada. The service that was so perfect before, was appalling. Our waitress left our finished salad plates on our table as she brought out the entrees. We had to place our salad plates on the table next to us so she could put the next ones on our table. Then she left the salad plates on the table next to us for the rest of the evening and disappeared for the duration. We had to wave to the bartender, who was too busy texting on her phone to see us for a while, to get some bread and butter. When the waitress brought the bread and butter we were surprised to see a small bowl of 'Land 'o Lakes' packaged butter units. It used to be a nice little crock of good butter but now I felt like they had stolen the packets from the I-Hop restaurant down the street. I'm not paying $18 dollars for an appetizer that comes with cheap little butter packets. My ap was not as described on the menu. What once was perfectly cooked shrimp, wrapped in juicy bacon and accompanied by fresh basil and tomatoes, was now some tough shrimp, hard-to-chew, tasteless bacon, and all of it swimming in some brown gravy that was just downright weird. My sister ordered the scallops, a different description in the menu but came out with the exact same 'gravy' that was on my shrimp.

It was depressing because this restaurant used to be so delightful. But now...well, go somewhere else.

Sal