“"Best Diving Shop in the World"”

Island Divers Hawaii
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Island Divers is a 5 Star PADI IDC Facility with a marina based full service dive center in Hawaii Kai from which two of our six vessels depart. Two other shops are located on military installations with pool training facilities. We pride ourselves on having the best facilities and dive boats on the island with a friendly and professional staff. Our rental equipment includes integrated weights and dive computers for every person and is replaced annually. We start semi private 2 day open water courses every day of the week, and for those that don't have time for a course we can take you diving under the direct supervision of an instructor any day of the week. Come dive with us!
Reviewed September 13, 2016

Island Divers does it again. Outstanding service and complementary treatment handling all the equipment from beginning to end. They were able easy up discover divers as well as the whole crew. Dive was supervised very professionally, Can't wait for next year to see you guys again!

1  Thank sandognr1
"baby barge"
in 20 reviews
"boat crew"
in 18 reviews
"advanced open water certification"
in 6 reviews
in 21 reviews
"rental gear"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed September 11, 2016

Where do I start. I called the location on a Thursday morning and was greeted on the phone by Mary who identifed the location and herself with the island spirit. I asked her about diving options and she was quick to tell me all that they had to offer. She explained the dive sites, the boat, the staff and their process. She sold me on the all inclusive package that picked me up at my hotel and brought me to the shop the morning of the dive. She booked me for the Saturday morning dive and provided me with all of the details. That Saturday morning, I was greeted by a friendly member of the shop and driven to the shop. Here I was cheerfully greeted and asked to fill out a brief amount of paperwork. Then I was fitted with my equipment that was already laid out. Mary then greeted me and explained that she would be leading the dive that day. She remembered our conversation and welcomed me. The dive was as explained and was the best experience. Mary's energy and predive briefings were fantastic. She controlled the dives and led a top notch wreck and drift dive. Mary changed all of my gear over and I had to do nothing but have the best dive experience ever. I was thanked for coming and invited to come back again. I will definitely visit this location every time I am in Hawaii. If you are looking for an all inclusive awesome experience....This place is for you. I personally would ask for Mary as she is awesome and makes the entire trip a fun experience.

1  Thank jwilliamsvt1
Reviewed September 8, 2016 via mobile

I finally went ahead and got my Open Water Dive certification, and am very happy that I did it with Island Divers.
The staff was great in helping me get settled, they had everything ready for me when I walked in.
My instructor in the pool and on Dives 1 and 2 was Kevin. Top notch instructor. His style of teaching is very easygoing, he's extremely knowledgeable, and he's very clear about what you need to do (even giving clear examples while underwater).
Forrest instructed me on Dives 3 and 4, and was equally knowledgeable and helpful.
The crews were fantastic and took their jobs seriously.

I'll definitely be back soon!

1  Thank Christer H
Reviewed September 6, 2016

Great 2 tank dive experience with friends and colleagues. The crew was great - safety conscious and efficient, yet friendly, easygoing and fun - Thanks Captain, Jim and Kevin (and Chelsea)! The office team was extremely helpful and very friendly! And our fellow divers were good companions. Excellent break from an intense and informative conference. Definitely worth future visits and bookings!