“Rats in Shirokiya” 1 of 5 bubbles

Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Rats in Shirokiya”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

There's nothing wrong with that place at all, and I've been going there since I moved to this island 3 years ago, but it definetly needs SOME CLEANING AND DISINFECTION. Just went with my wife last night to get some takoyaki and as soon as we ordered we looked around and a HUGE rat just went from one store to another across the tables. I thought that was a baby capybara because of how big and nasty it was. It was very unpleasant and disgusting.

Visited April 2013
5 Thank MikePR1217

• Korean first
Calgary, Alberta
186 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 294 helpful votes
“Focus on Kulu Kulu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

This japanese department store has so many booths that I don't know where to start, so I've chosen to focus on the main floor (= 2nd floor of mall) bakery Kulu Kulu ( see my pictures)

Display is very pretty. Tried the mango mousse, magnificent!
A few tables to sit down for enjoying the goodies and beverage. This is on a different floor from the hustle and bustle of the upper level Shirokiya " food court", a more relaxed feel.

1 Thank tak3
Norfolk, Virginia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Cultural and foodie adventure.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Heard about the food court inside Shirokiya from a friend of mine Winnie married to Hawaii native. They immediately recommended anything and everything this place has to offer. Even after some familiarity with Asian cuisine from a 5 week trip through Korea, even I was overwhelmed by the number of options in this food wonderland. I ended up settling for some
salmon and tuna poke combos served over two miniature rice bowls. The flavors I experienced, combined with the gracious service, relaxing atmosphere and budget price ($12 including miso soup, tea and tip), I will definitely be visiting this place in my next trip to the islands.

Honolulu, Hawaii
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“Quick Japanese food court”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

My review
Pros
1. Wide array of japanese food selection. Bento box, udon, ramen, sushi, raw food, dessert
2. Renovated to accomodate more seating capacity
3. Reasonable price
4. Made fresh daily and on the spot

Cons
1. Crew are japanese so they arent accomodating to questions.
2. The place gets filled up at lunch
3. Line to pay tends to que during lunch period
4. Cannot take photos. The sign is written on the door

1 Thank DwTokidoki
Honolulu
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great Japanese food court”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Six of us had lunch there just before New Years. It is a food court on the top floor of the store with different vendors making and selling primarily Japanese food items. American and Japanese (but made in USA) beer available on tap. Get there before a meal period as it fills up. We had four types of noodles and broth, a Korean soup dish, two types of dumplings, fried rice, and some sushi with mochiko chicken inside. Most of the patrons were either Japanese tourists or locals from here in Hawaii. The place can be a little bewildering so go with a group of many people and get different items for everyone to try. I loved my shoyu based broth and noodles with slices of pork and a whole egg!

Downstairs has a number of dessert and pastry items that we did not try. Will do so in the future. this is

1 Thank ChuckBraden

Been to Shirokiya? Share your experiences!