“Service so bad it's entertaining”
Review of Giovanni Pastrami

Giovanni Pastrami
Reserve with OpenTable
Giovanni Pastrami is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 2,421 Restaurants in Honolulu
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Cross street: Helumoa
Transit: Parking at the Wyndham Hotel, adjacent to the restaurant on Lewers Street. Lunch parking 11:00am-3:00pm free with validation. 6:00am-6:00pm flat rate $3 with validation. After 6:00pm, $6 for four hours with validation.
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Went for breakfast based chiefly on reviews from tripadvisor. Not too many people there but asked for a table based on rep from reviews. Tried to seat us way in the back in the worst seating available. Had to ask to sit at a better location. Ordered coffee and oj. Noticed they they only had coffee mate creamer. Asked for cream. They had none but would bring milk. Ok no biggie. My wife was not too hungry and asked if she could order the pancakes from the kids menu. "Sorry kids menu is for under 12". "no problem but we'd be willing to pay more". "sorry my manager won't let me". "ok, well is there something on the adult menu that is similar?". "no sorry there isn't". "so you're telling me that the kitchen makes something, and we're willing to pay extra for it but you won't sell it to us?". "well, there's no button for me to push on the register....". "just bring us the bill for the drinks then". $9.50 ($5.50 oj) including the 10 cent tip. Lots of better places to go in the area. Avoid unless you enjoy absurdly bad service.

2  Thank -dmg---42
There are newer reviews for Giovanni Pastrami

Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Everything was ok and edible as was the service.
Just not the best pasta I have ever had
Not overly cheap with tip but the huge portion meant I also had it for lunch and tea that night

Reviewed September 24, 2012

had a take out pizza from them. Very nice...Didnt dine in but they are always busy! Must do other good food i would say. Lots of tvs to watch sports too...

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I ate here whilst on a weeks holidays to Hawaii. The staff were really friendly and helpful. The soft drinks /fountain drinks offered free refills.

I had a omlette which was fine nothing special and my husband had a Lasagne which was ok. I would go back here as the bar was tastefully decorated and the staff were friendly, however I wouldn't have food. prices were average it just wasn't to my liking

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We had dinner here during our recent stay in Waikiki. Every restaurant in the area had a line up to get a table except this one. This is usually not a good sign but our family of 6 decided to give it a try. I figured you couldn't go wrong by ordering their nameshake - a pastrami sandwich with fries. I was wrong, the fries were cold, my sandwich had soggy bread and the pastrami was average. It obviously sat too long before being served. Considering that the restaurant was 20% full, I'm not sure what the cute female servers were doing but serving wasn't one of them. The other meals were average but again not hot.

The air-conditioning in the restaurant was set way too low, it was freezing, like eating in a meat cooler and we're from Canada. We were in Waikiki for 10 days and this was our worst dining experience.

Been to Giovanni Pastrami? Share your experiences!